Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WA Strat Bomber in illegal territory

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support >> WA Strat Bomber in illegal territory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WA Strat Bomber in illegal territory - 7/3/2005 11:19:53 AM   
aauminki

Playing a PBEM game when at my FA'40 turn, I notice a regiment of Lancasters apparently using GE controlled Tripoli as base, wonder how that happened.

I just reloaded the turn and found out that I could, 1) bomb Tripoli, and it would return to Tobruk area, then I could bomb Tobruk (yes, in the same turn) and it would rebase to Trans-Jordan where I could strat move it to Iraq....

Emailing turn to 2by3 email address :)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by aauminki -- 7/3/2005 11:22:59 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: WA Strat Bomber in illegal territory - 7/3/2005 5:35:21 PM   
Fazman

lol, just emailed the next moves back to you. I tried inf and then the armor from Cairo to attack it, I would get the combat rectangle box but it would just disappear after clicking it with no combat result....I could then take back my moves ...strange indeed!

Ghost Bomber Squadron....

(in reply to aauminki)
Post #: 2
RE: WA Strat Bomber in illegal territory - 7/4/2005 9:31:11 PM   
aauminki

We're continuing the game right now, the bomber has slowly worked it's way eastwards. 6 months ago, it was seen flying over Northern Persia, and just 3 months ago we spotted it again over Afghanistan. We now suspect it is either scouting for AlQueda terrorists or Pakistani nuclear research facilities.

(in reply to Fazman)
Post #: 3
RE: WA Strat Bomber in illegal territory - 7/5/2005 9:04:02 AM   
Joel Billings

So have you concluded that this is a phantom unit? If so, the only way for us to get a handle on it would be if you could find saves from just before and just after it was created. Otherwise, it's hopefully a onetime fluke.

(in reply to aauminki)
Post #: 4
RE: WA Strat Bomber in illegal territory - 7/5/2005 6:58:46 PM   
aauminki

It's not a phantom unit, it's the unit that started with the allies in London and somehow got put illegally in Libya.

It's moving one area at a time east towards the factory in India, I am guessing. It just recently entered India (the area south of Afghanistan) and now I can control it again. I believe Fazman has been collecting screenshots. I have all the saves from this PBEM match, I will send them to 2by3.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: WA Strat Bomber in illegal territory - 7/6/2005 8:34:46 PM   
aauminki

Sent all the moves from turn 1 through 8 to you at 2by3, Joel.

It's a funny bug, I could even declare war on the neutrals it passed through

(in reply to aauminki)
Post #: 6
RE: WA Strat Bomber in illegal territory - 7/8/2005 10:53:04 PM   
aauminki

I was able to sort of replicate this bug.

I had a WA TAC based (I think it was the area west of Cairo or was it Tobruk, although I am 99% sure it was in the area West of Cairo since I forced it there first from Tobruk in my previous turn) fly a CAP/support mission in an uncontested East Med with a few HS and LS and a TRN. Rommel captures Tobruk, and when the TAC is supposed to return to base, it flies to Northern Persia.

Come to think of it, the STRAT that was the original problem might've been flying CAP/support as well and had it's base taken.

Maybe it's an issue if you have a plane based in an area, rebasing it manually then flying CAP/support and it's original base at the start of the turn is captured. I haven't seen the problem anywhere else than in the mediterranean sea. Maybe it's because the Indian factories are closer, or something like that?

(in reply to aauminki)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support >> WA Strat Bomber in illegal territory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI