Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Current "bug" list?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support >> Current "bug" list? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Current "bug" list? - 6/26/2005 3:31:03 PM   
JanSorensen

I quite understand if the TCP patch is currently taking up the teams time - but I am still wishes for a current bug list to be kept up to date.

I assume its better for everyone with a single master list of bugs - so everyone knows what to work around till a fix is ready. Its also easier posting new bugs in accurate detail if you know in advance whats already known.
Post #: 1
RE: Current "bug" list? - 6/26/2005 8:07:11 PM   
Tom Grosv

I think this is a very good idea Jan. I've now posted my second bug (or is it?!) and it would be good to look up known problems before filling the forum with unncessary reports.

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 2
RE: Current "bug" list? - 6/27/2005 8:17:04 AM   
Joel Billings

In principle I like the idea of posting a known bug list. However, this would be up to Maurice (the keeper of the bug list) and would require a little extra work on his part to sift out new feature ideas from actual bugs on the list. Also, you would have to keep in mind that often bugs make the list but turn out not to be bugs once a programmer has a chance to look at the situation (and hopefully saves) and figure out what was really going on. It is not uncommon for an item listed as a bug to be reported as working as designed by the programmer. We're all off to Origins this week, but I'll ask Maurice if there's a way for him to post a known bug list.

(in reply to Tom Grosv)
Post #: 3
RE: Current "bug" list? - 6/27/2005 11:06:25 AM   
JanSorensen

Thank you Joel - your reply is much appreciated.

I definitely understand that it would involve some extra work to share the bug/unintended feature list with the public. It would be my hope that doing so would help both your team and the players and that this help would outweight the cost in time. If you decide otherwise I obviously understand. Maybe we, the players, can just try to make an unofficial list then :)

< Message edited by JanSorensen -- 6/27/2005 11:36:36 AM >

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: Current "bug" list? - 7/5/2005 9:20:30 AM   
JanSorensen

Welcome back Joel

Any news on this, please?

Post #: 5
RE: Current "bug" list? - 7/5/2005 9:35:42 AM   
Joel Billings

No. To be honest, with being gone the past 5 days at Origins, I'm swamped. Originally I thought Maurice was going to be at Origins and figured I'd ask him about this then, but he wasn't there (my mistake). I'll bring this up with Maurice next time I speak with him. I can't say whether this is something he'll have time to do or not since he doesn't work for me and his WaW work is only part time. I can safely say that I won't have time to do this. I'd like to see it done, but only if the list was either cleaned up or more likely put up in it's full glory (which may not be as useful to you as you think). If you want to volunteer to find a way to post the list, I'd consider it.

Post #: 6
RE: Current "bug" list? - 7/5/2005 9:48:08 AM   
JanSorensen

Thanks for the reply Joel.

I quite understand the work and implications of posting such a list. If it wasnt because I found the WaW audiance somewhat mature and knowledgeable I certainly would never suggest it. As I dont know what the list does infact look like its hard for me to volounteer ideas on how to post it. If Maurice thinks its an idea I dont mind spending some time going over the actual list and making a suggesting on how to present it (obviously without disclosing anything without permission). Thats if he does not want to post it himself.

Its all a suggestion - if you and Maurice find that the negatives would outweight the positives I will understand and accept that.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 7
RE: Current "bug" list? - 7/6/2005 5:11:41 PM   
MButtazoni

I'll post a list of all known bugs later today sometime.

Maurice Buttazoni
Project Coordinator, Playtest Coordinator

Post #: 8
RE: Current "bug" list? - 7/7/2005 4:36:05 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: MButtazoni

I'll post a list of all known bugs later today sometime.

Thanks a lot!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to MButtazoni)
Post #: 9
RE: Current "bug" list? - 7/8/2005 3:41:07 AM   
mnewcomb

I can add a new one.
I eliminated all Axis by 1952 under impossible, fog of war, fuel, and because I used Russians for two of the Japanese Islands, it would not end the game -- then I remembered crete was still out there from a late game russian invasion of Greece. Took a bomber over. Final score was 6133 allied verse 534 axis.

I also would love to know how to improve the underlying programming so I could make it play more positionally.

I defeat it as Axis under impossible in the 1965 - 1969 range and under impossible as Allies by 1951 -- using Russia to conquer Japan (2 of 3 islands) and couldn't get my win screen and kept playing another 10 or so turns looking for it to end the game. Ends out since I was having fun invading Sweden, Turkey and Greece from 1950-1951 I forgot to take out Crete. Once I did that it was gone. Again, Bombers rule the game under impossible against the computer.

Regards
Murray
PS: C-evo is really nice as you can change the programming -- is that possible with this system.
mnewcomb@ultrahighfiber.com

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by mnewcomb -- 7/8/2005 11:46:20 AM >

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Gary Grigsby's World at War - Support >> Current "bug" list? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI