Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So far it's kicking my butt!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> So far it's kicking my butt! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So far it's kicking my butt! - 6/14/2005 4:12:15 AM   
Wolfar100

So far trying to learn the basics on easy level the game is kicking my backside! Of course I am trying to play Japan and that could be an issue. The freaking Allies have so much production it is plain INSANE! I am sure that is the way it was but WOW!
Post #: 1
RE: So far it's kicking my butt! - 6/14/2005 5:32:59 AM   
a511

while its true that the Allies production is huge, the fact that u only play IJN and leave Ger to AI also contribute to ur butt's misfortune ...

IMO, IJN is the most challenging side to play in WAW. with so little RP on hand IJN must reserve every possible supply and use it for the greatest benefit. also dont take CHN lightly. unless IJN takes an approach to go all-out at CHN's inland regions and ignore russia (at least until Wi43) from the very beginning, CHN can be a pretty big trouble for the IJN as the game goes on, esp. if IJN commences an early russia campaign.

in my current pbem, CHN has effectively contributed to the delay of IJN's double-slam of russia for turns ... valuable time for the russian to roll out artillery and infantry units from the far east factory floors ...

AN

(in reply to Wolfar100)
Post #: 2
RE: So far it's kicking my butt! - 6/14/2005 5:36:04 AM   
tedhealy

I just purchased/downloaded a few days ago and have found playing as the Soviets a good introduction to the game. You don't have to worry about a navy or any grand attack plan requiring mass movements of supply. Just absorb the attack and counterattack where possible.

I went with the Axis and Allies Soviet strategy - What are you buying this turn Russia? All dudes.

(in reply to Wolfar100)
Post #: 3
RE: So far it's kicking my butt! - 6/14/2005 5:37:44 AM   
Maginot

Just so you know, against a human opponent that will get you smoked. In a PBEM game Russia needs a solid armor core and anti-air capabilites to hold on.

(in reply to tedhealy)
Post #: 4
RE: So far it's kicking my butt! - 6/14/2005 5:42:49 AM   
tedhealy

Thanks for the tip. I kinda became aware of that as the game went on. I turned the tide in early 44 with a good sized tank force until a CTD with no recent save ended things with the Germans surrounded in their only remaining territory - W. Germany.

(in reply to Maginot)
Post #: 5
RE: So far it's kicking my butt! - 6/14/2005 9:41:33 PM   
Wolfar100

Is there a way to see how many supply points are availible? Also if you do not use them all in one turn are they stockpiled. The manual was kind of vague on this. Thank you!

(in reply to tedhealy)
Post #: 6
RE: So far it's kicking my butt! - 6/14/2005 9:54:13 PM   
JanSorensen

There are several ways.

At the top on the screen there are a long list of icons. One of those shows number of units each major power currently has - including supplies. Another icon is the "repair icon". This also shows how many supplies you have. Unused supplies are indeed stockpiled for later use - with no limit.

(in reply to Wolfar100)
Post #: 7
RE: So far it's kicking my butt! - 6/14/2005 10:21:30 PM   
Wolfar100

quote:

ORIGINAL: JanSorensen

There are several ways.

At the top on the screen there are a long list of icons. One of those shows number of units each major power currently has - including supplies. Another icon is the "repair icon". This also shows how many supplies you have. Unused supplies are indeed stockpiled for later use - with no limit.

Thank you! I will check that out next time I fire up the game. Japan is a ROUGH one to play. They have such limited resources it sucks.

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> So far it's kicking my butt! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI