Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sicilians and Lybians, what a brave bunch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Sicilians and Lybians, what a brave bunch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sicilians and Lybians, what a brave bunch - 6/3/2005 1:40:39 AM   
Drax Kramer

I guess I was "victim" of changed rules for Italian surrender. I was playing Soviets in 1941 scenario and managed not only to clear the Balkans, but to export the bolshevism into Italy as well. First northern, then southern part of the Italian boot fell. To my astonishment, I noticed that somehow, in the previous turn, German AI dropped an airborne unit to Lybia and voila, Mussolini established himself in Sicily and together with Lybia preserved Italy in war together with whole of Italian fleet, stuck in Adriatic for lack of supplies. Naturally, Allied AI couldn't care less about Italy, so Mussolini outlived Hitler.

Is it possible to remove Lybia from the list of required territories so that Italy actually surrenders when its mainland is conquered?

Or at least, replace Sicily with Sardinia. Sardinia is always invaded by AI due to its resource there (I wonder what does it represent), but Sicily is not high on the priority list.

Drax
Post #: 1
RE: Sicilians and Lybians, what a brave bunch - 6/3/2005 6:34:23 AM   
5cats

While watching the AI play (I was playing Japan, eh?) the WA captured enough to make Italy surrender, then left a Militia there. When Germany eventually re-captured North & South Italy, presto! the whole Italian fleet was re-born in S.Italy! (it had been hiding in S.Italy since turn 3 I think...)
Is that a Bug?? Anyone???

No Will but Thy Will
No Law but the Laws You make

(in reply to Drax Kramer)
Post #: 2
RE: Sicilians and Lybians, what a brave bunch - 6/3/2005 5:18:26 PM   
MButtazoni

hmmmm

let me check on that

Maurice Buttazoni
Project Coordinator, Playtest Coordinator

(in reply to 5cats)
Post #: 3
RE: Sicilians and Lybians, what a brave bunch - 6/3/2005 8:22:08 PM   
Joel Billings

Did you actually see a surrender message for Italy?

(in reply to 5cats)
Post #: 4
RE: Sicilians and Lybians, what a brave bunch - 6/3/2005 8:23:32 PM   
MButtazoni

I just tried to recreate the situation where Germany reconquered Italy and i did not see any Italian Navy come back into the game.

I’m wondering now if Italy did not surrender and the ships were in another port somewhere and came out to sea on the turn that GE took back Italy.

Maurice Buttazoni
Project Coordinator, Playtest Coordinator

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: Sicilians and Lybians, what a brave bunch - 6/6/2005 12:41:56 PM   
a511

after reading this thread, i have the luck to try the scenario in real life case ... and really hoping that the bug will truely save my game ... but it didnt
either the bug only takes effect under AI or there is no such bug at all.

(in reply to MButtazoni)
Post #: 6
RE: Sicilians and Lybians, what a brave bunch - 6/6/2005 3:56:19 PM   
5cats

AS I recall, there was about 2-3 turns between WA capture & German liberation of Italy. They were both AI, Germany & WA...
The Italian fleet was holed up in S.Italy for almost the whole game, but might have re-deployed to N.Italy when S.Italy was captured (and then Italy surrendered). The WA knocked out N.Italy next turn, abandoned Italy alltogether the turn after that, the Germans re-took N.Italy & then S.Italy the following turn. It was then that the fleet re-appeared in S.Italy.

(in reply to a511)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Sicilians and Lybians, what a brave bunch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI