From: Milwaukee, WI
As it stands now here is the upcoming Patch release notes of what will be fixed/changed. PLEASE NOTE: this is unofficial and subject to change.
Please Note: Old save files (v1.005 and v1.016) should be able to be loaded with the updated version. However, if playing PBEM, once one player has loaded the game using the patch, all the next players to follow must also play the game using the patch. Not all fixes will work in games that continue from old saves.
1. Rule Change - The evasion modifier for being previously fired upon during the current turn does not apply during Opportunity Fire.
2. Rule Change - In the last part of section 8.5.7 in the section dealing with adjusting the net die roll modifier, the 2nd item dealing with units with a defense value of 12 only impacts the Attack Help Level modifier (caps it at + or - 1). It will not cap other modifiers.
3. Rule Change - The fort value of Western Germany is now cancelled if the player defending in Western Germany does not also control Eastern Germany.
4. Rule Change – Italy will now only surrender whenever Germany does not control at least 2 of the following 4 regions: Northern Italy, Southern Italy, Sicily, Tripoli.
5. Rule Change – Germany is now charged 5 supply points whenever it attacks a neutral country.
6. Rule Change – The Liberation rule in section 11.5.3 has been modified. Now, when a World Power successfully attacks another friendly World Powers region, the player will be asked “Occupy Area Yes/No”. If they answer no, then the effects listed in 11.5.3 will take place. If they answer yes, then they attacking player will take control of the area as they would any other region and their units will remain in the area. The area and its infrastructure will now function as if they belong to the occupying World Power. Any population and factories in these occupied areas may be used by the occupying World Power using the factories normal factory multiplier. Example: Germany has taken Leningrad. The Western Allies successfully attack it and answer Yes to the Occupy Area question. They now control Leningrad and if they repair the factory there it will provide the standard Soviet multiplier (x2 or x3, not x1) under a Production for Soviet Union section in the Western Allies production screen (using population in Western Allied controlled Russian nationality areas).
7. Rule Change – Units that have already fired at an enemy unit during their turn may not enter an enemy controlled land region, even if there are no enemy units in the area.
8. Rule Change – Units that are damaged or destroyed do proceed to the next combat phase, but fire with the combat modifier disadvantages listed in the manual. The exception to this is air units. Air units that are hit either in the Air vs. Air phase or the Land vs. Air phase will not proceed once hit.
9. Addition - Added a new Game Option titled Fuel Cost. If this option is activated, all ground units are fueled and expend one 1 extra supply when they move over a 2MP land border.
10. Addition - There is a new Preference Item called Language that lists the players Language setting. Currently it only allows English, but eventually we will have other choices which the player will choose from at the start of their first game and they will be able to alter this choice in the Preference screen.
11. Addition - The game uses far less CPU power when minimized (in windowed mode and full screen mode via Alt-Tab).
12. Addition - The four arrow keys will now scroll the map.
13. Addition - Added a button in the Production screen that when clicked will use all remaining production points to build supply. This button is just to the left of the normal build buttons.
14. Addition - Added a way to spend maximum on the research screen pop-up (shift key when clicking on plus should spend max). Shift-click on minus button removes all research for this turn.
15. Addition – The text pop up over the Isolated Resource Centers number on the Production Summary screen now shows what regions are isolated. Also changed the pop up text for the isolated numbers on this screen to: Isolated resource centers and Isolated resources.
16. Interface Change- The "Exit the game and go to the Main menu?" text is now red to minimize confusion with the “Exit this phase?” text.
17. Interface Change - Removed "unit is already here" text in move mode.
18. AI Improvements – Many changes were made to improve the AI play involving both movement/combat strategy and production/research strategy.
19. Data Change - Allied Bomber Evasion was changed to 5 and Durability changed to 3 in the Campaign I Scenario; all other scenarios were adjusted accordingly.
20. Data Change - Japanese Heavy Bomber Evasion was changed to 5 in all scenarios.
21. Data Change - Heavy Fleet Aircraft Attack was changed to 3 in the Campaign I Scenario; all other scenarios were adjusted accordingly.
22. Data Change – Two World Standards were changed. Armor Evasion and Tactical Bomber Land Attack World Standards were both changed to 7.
23. OOB Change – Several Soviet units have been repositioned in the Campaign I and II scenarios. The repositioning involved units in Moscow and 3 Eastern (Siberian) areas.
24. OOB Change – Germany has been given 15 additional supply points in Campaign I to help offset the new supply cost for attacking neutral countries.
25. Bug Fix – Several bugs in the combat analyzer have been fixed. It now yields a more accurate estimate of losses for each side. Among other things it now accounts for air units not bombing when damaged and militia generated before a combat. It also provides a better estimate of battles involving surface ship combat, although this still can vary greatly based on how many surface ships actually participate.
26. Bug Fix - Fixed a bug that could allow you to move and undo a move indefinitely, gaining 1 supply each time.
27. Bug Fix - Several corrections to correct Op-fire bugs were made, including that now Op-fire directed at units moving over transports will fire at the transport instead of the moving unit as per the manual. The transport fired at will be within one region of the region where the Op-fire was triggered (i.e. might be further along on the chain of transports). Also CV Airgroups were not op-firing in all cases. Also, with Fog of War on, it was sometimes possible to avoid being Op-fired at by units that were visible if moving into an area that was not visible. Several other Op-fire corrections were made as well.
28. Bug Fix – Fixed a bug that kept some air units from participating in combat.
29. Bug Fix – Fixed a bug where areas that were both rough and cold regions required only 2 to 1 to retreat the enemy instead of 3 to 1 (per Rules Clarification that rough areas require 3 to 1 to retreat the enemy).
30. Bug Fix - When loading a PBEM game with Fog of War on, the opponent’s map will no longer be (briefly) seen.
31. Bug Fix - Heavy Bombers will no longer incorrectly attack ships with their land attack value.
32. Bug Fix - Damaged Factories can no longer be strategically moved.
33. Bug Fix - Air-only attacks on China (or any area that generates Militia) will not produce Militia units.
34. Bug Fix - Units will no longer retreat into a frozen area except as a last resort.
35. Bug Fix – Some combats (often involving subs) were not being shown in the when using the Game Playback (section 7.3). All combats should now be shown during the replay.
36. Bug Fix - Sicily is now treated correctly as an island for interdiction and Op-fire purposes.
37. Bug Fix - Carrier planes can no longer counterattack further away than their speed allows.
38. Bug Fix - Fixed a bug where Chinese production was reset to occur only every third turn after having been set to produce every turn. Once Chinese production increases to occur every turn, it should remain this way for the duration of the game.
39. Bug Fix – Air units are now retreating properly, flying to nearby land areas that are within range when necessary.
40. Bug Fix – Carrier Air units that participated in a battle should now retreat along with their Carrier Fleet when the Carrier Fleet is forced to retreat.
41. Bug Fix – Fixed a bug caused by undoing the move of a Heavy Bomber that was carrying an Airborne unit.
42. Bug Fix/Rules Clarification – Political Garrisons required of a player are now checked only at the end of that player’s movement phase (i.e. the required Russian garrison of Karelia is checked only at the end of the Russian player’s movement phase).
43. Rules Clarification - Rough Terrain increases the odds needed for the attacker to take an area to 3:1. This stacks with the Fortification odds, so a Rough + Fortified area needs an Attacker : Defender ratio of 4:1 for the attacker to force the defender to retreat.
44. Rules Clarification - Area Supply: When the Area Supply game option is activated, at the beginning of a player’s movement phase the computer will attempt to move:
- one Supply Point into each land region containing a friendly unit.
- one Supply Point into each land region containing an enemy partisan unit and at least one friendly Infantry, Militia, Airborne, or Armor unit.
This is an aide to help the player maintain one Supply Point in every region for defensive purposes and help the player supply his anti-partisan garrison.
If both enemy partisan units and friendly Infantry, Militia, Airborne, or Armor units are present this means two Supply Points will be moved to region. The supply moves that occur due to Area Supply only happen if there aren't already the required supplies in an area.
45. Rules Clarification - Auto Supply: When the Auto Supply game option is activated, at the end of a player’s movement phase the computer will attempt to move one Supply Point into each land region containing enemy partisans and at least one friendly Infantry, Militia, Airborne, or Armor unit (if no supply is already present in the area). The supply must follow normal movement rules, and since this is at the end of the movement phase, it may be impossible for a supply unit to reach the desired area. This is an aide to help the player supply his anti-partisan garrison.
46. Rules Clarification - Combat Phases: The combat phases are listed below in the order that they occur:
Air vs. Air
Land vs. Air
Air vs. Land (including airfield, port and infrastructure attacks)
Ship vs. Ship
Sub vs. Ship
Ship vs. Sub
Ship vs. Land
Land vs. Land (range 2 then range 1)
Air units hit in Air vs. Air or Land vs. Air will not participate in additional combat phases. All other units hit should continue to fight in later phases, but at a disadvantage per the combat modifiers section of the manual.
Ship->ship happens before sub->ship, ships hit by gunfire are easier for subs to hit and defend against.
Sub->ship happens before ship->sub, ships hit by torpedoes will shoot back at a disadvantage.
47. Rules Clarification - A unit fired at by the same artillery unit at both range 2 and range 1 in the same battle (and no other unit prior to the range 1 combat), will not suffer an evasion reduction during the artillery attack at range 1 (i.e. a unit that fires more than once at an enemy unit in the same battle does not count its previous attack when determining if the target was previously fired upon this turn).
48. Rules Clarification - The exception in the 4th paragraph of section 8.5.3 regarding Op-fire also does not apply to aircraft Op-firing from other areas (only enemy units in the initial area will are not allowed to fire at a unit that moves out of the region it begins its turn in).
49. Spelling Corrections – Text on the map for Chungking was corrected. Pop up text for Bering Sea regions were corrected.
Project Coordinator, Playtest Coordinator