Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: B24's oh my

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: B24's oh my Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: B24's oh my - 5/3/2005 2:49:41 AM   
DrewMatrix

quote:

So, your objection is actually the use of submarines but not APs for this purpose?

Don't forget Transport Aircraft. I do a lot of this by transport A/C. Transporting cadres out (in stages) from the DEI, first to the Northern tip of Sumatra, then to Andaman, then by ship to India, is the main thing my Dutch Transport A/C do in the first couple of months.

The thing I enjoy most about WITP is following the fortunes of small units. I love being able to find uses for those short-legged Dutch transport A/C early in the game.

Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.

(in reply to Tristanjohn)
Post #: 61
RE: B24's oh my - 5/3/2005 3:09:16 AM   
Ron Saueracker

Just increase the load cost of the unit's TOE. By doing so, heavy equipment again becomes transportable only by ship. This will stop most of the silliness and also aid in the load capacity of AP/AK issue.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Tristanjohn)
Post #: 62
RE: B24's oh my - 5/3/2005 3:21:12 AM   
DrewMatrix

quote:

By doing so, heavy equipment again becomes transportable only by ship.

As I understand what people are bothered by, this won't help. Say there is a Dutch base force which has some air support guys (who I can get in a sub or A/C) and some heavy radar unit. I move a single Air Support Squad out to Diamond Harbor. The rest of the unit is destroyed by the Japanese, that single squad becomes the new unit and slowly (maybe over 6 months or a year) draws more squads but also heavy equipment like radar from the pool. So I never moved the radar unit out. Instead I took a radar unit from the Allied Pool while sitting in Diamond Harbor refitting.

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 63
RE: B24's oh my - 5/3/2005 3:22:57 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Separate to that is the handling of base units ... a mechanic with no tools is not going to be servicing an aircraft. Pretending that you picked up the machinery shop with your sub is being rediculious.

Again - this is your assumption that the UNIT includes the machine shop, not the base.

A base force outside of a base can not fix anything. The BASES provide the machine shops, not the LCU in the way the game is modelled.

Now we can argue about how BASES work - but that's another argument, i think.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 64
RE: B24's oh my - 5/3/2005 4:33:30 AM   
Knavey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beezle

quote:

By doing so, heavy equipment again becomes transportable only by ship.

As I understand what people are bothered by, this won't help. Say there is a Dutch base force which has some air support guys (who I can get in a sub or A/C) and some heavy radar unit. I move a single Air Support Squad out to Diamond Harbor. The rest of the unit is destroyed by the Japanese, that single squad becomes the new unit and slowly (maybe over 6 months or a year) draws more squads but also heavy equipment like radar from the pool. So I never moved the radar unit out. Instead I took a radar unit from the Allied Pool while sitting in Diamond Harbor refitting.

And I don't see anything wrong with this.

Your guy just filled out a requisition form for the radar set to arrive at Brisbane instead of the unit at Pago Pago getting it. SOMEONE was going to get it. It was there on the shelf, but your Dutch evacuee managed to get the form in before Pago Pagos guys.

x-Nuc twidget
CVN-71
USN 87-93
"Going slow in the fast direction"

(in reply to DrewMatrix)
Post #: 65
RE: B24's oh my - 5/3/2005 5:11:10 AM   
Hornblower

i have a visual of Ba Ba black sheep in my head.... We are poor little Lambs who have lost our way....

(in reply to Knavey)
Post #: 66
RE: B24's oh my - 5/3/2005 7:06:56 AM   
DrewMatrix

quote:

And I don't see anything wrong with this.

I don't see anything wrong either. If the Allies can make a Radar, they can figure out a way to use it. If the game is generating more radar units than the Allies actually could or did make, reduce the number of radars.

But don't leave the radar unit there, and say it is immoral to use it.

(in reply to Hornblower)
Post #: 67
1 sub AP TF? YGBK! - 5/3/2005 7:21:13 PM   
rhohltjr

10 to 20 subs will move a few more mechanics and their tools(and their wifflebats).

My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.

(in reply to DrewMatrix)
Post #: 68
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: B24's oh my Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI