Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Movement Oddities

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Movement Oddities Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Movement Oddities - 4/10/2005 10:20:46 AM   
PeterF

Example 1: The four Japanese carrier groups move out to bomb PH, parking two hexes NW of the port. There is an Allied transport in the PH area (N Paciific 18). Each time, the first wave, given the destination of PH (Hawaiian Islands)- confirmed by the green arrow- stops and engages the transport. The three following waves fly over their engaged comrade into Pearl Harbor.

Example 2: Bomber in N Italy is give the mission of bombing Allied unt in Sardinia. Green arrow confirms we've got the right destination. Each time Bomber pulls up and lands in ungarrisoned Corsica.

Anybody?
Post #: 1
RE: Movement Oddities - 4/10/2005 2:48:02 PM   
Kampferzähn

quote:

ORIGINAL: PeterF

Example 1: The four Japanese carrier groups move out to bomb PH, parking two hexes NW of the port. There is an Allied transport in the PH area (N Paciific 18). Each time, the first wave, given the destination of PH (Hawaiian Islands)- confirmed by the green arrow- stops and engages the transport. The three following waves fly over their engaged comrade into Pearl Harbor.

Example 2: Bomber in N Italy is give the mission of bombing Allied unt in Sardinia. Green arrow confirms we've got the right destination. Each time Bomber pulls up and lands in ungarrisoned Corsica.

Anybody?

Just a thought, are they stopped because they reveal new units somewhere and therefore cannot go back past that point?... this kind of stuff happens to me when this is the case.

I see it most noteably when moving U-Boats around the Atlantic, if they reveal something not revealed before they moved (like that HUGE fleet north of Scotland or something), then they stop before reaching their final destination.

(in reply to PeterF)
Post #: 2
RE: Movement Oddities - 4/10/2005 3:52:14 PM   
solops

Select the unit again and keep moving. That happens often at sea when new units are discovered,

(in reply to PeterF)
Post #: 3
RE: Movement Oddities - 4/10/2005 5:07:53 PM   
PeterF

quote:

Select the unit again and keep moving. That happens often at sea when new units are discovered

That did the trick.
In the case of example 2, it seems that Corsica and Sardinia, contrary to the graphic, represent one island.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Movement Oddities Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI