Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adv. Supply - Moscow surrounded - still able to defend????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Adv. Supply - Moscow surrounded - still able to defend???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adv. Supply - Moscow surrounded - still able to defend???? - 4/3/2005 2:31:42 AM   
hickmanj

I have Moscow completely surrounded and cut off (2 spaces in every direction) when I check supply - the Russians have no supply in Moscow - I thought this meant that their units couldn't defend????

Yet they are able to fight.

????

J
Post #: 1
RE: Adv. Supply - Moscow surrounded - still able to def... - 4/3/2005 2:50:46 AM   
Becket

Being unsupplied imposes negative modifiers to combat.

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky

(in reply to hickmanj)
Post #: 2
RE: Adv. Supply - Moscow surrounded - still able to def... - 4/3/2005 2:52:58 AM   
Kampferzähn

I think it means rather that they can't defend well and if they lose will be destroyed.

While it should certainly mean an advantage to the attacker, it would be rather silly if you couldn't defend at all if you were surrounded.

Someone with more knowledge than a newbie like myself will come and give the exact advantages/disadvantages of this situation.

Edit: Like that.

< Message edited by Kampferzähn -- 4/3/2005 2:56:14 AM >

(in reply to hickmanj)
Post #: 3
RE: Adv. Supply - Moscow surrounded - still able to def... - 4/3/2005 2:57:21 AM   
Becket

K, you also caught the other downside to the situation in Moscow: the defenders will be destroyed when they lose.

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky

(in reply to Kampferzähn)
Post #: 4
RE: Adv. Supply - Moscow surrounded - still able to def... - 4/3/2005 5:20:17 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

quote:

ORIGINAL: hickmanj

I have Moscow completely surrounded and cut off (2 spaces in every direction) when I check supply - the Russians have no supply in Moscow - I thought this meant that their units couldn't defend????

Yet they are able to fight.

As others said unsupplied units can defend, but much less effectively than supplied.

BTW perhaps they didn't have supply when you checked, but later produced some? If Moscow factories are intact, they can produce supply.

O.

(in reply to hickmanj)
Post #: 5
RE: Adv. Supply - Moscow surrounded - still able to def... - 4/3/2005 6:36:42 AM   
hickmanj

Good point Oleg, but I zonked their factories with bombers.

Argh, the irony is that I was strong enough to surround moscow but not enough to storm it (they have 33 or so units there, I think)... so close (sob)

J

(in reply to Oleg Mastruko)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Adv. Supply - Moscow surrounded - still able to defend???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI