Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EB Games (World at War backordered)...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> EB Games (World at War backordered)... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 3:57:51 PM   
Knavery

Well, it looks like I'll stick to HoI2. Thanks to retailers that don't have a clue about sales, I once again will not get a game I've been waiting for. If it's on backorder through EB, I sure as hell won't find it anywhere else.

Knavery
Post #: 1
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 4:44:38 PM   
sabre100

Yes I noticed the same thing, I have a pre-order with them using ship to store option. If this game is on back-order I will most likely cancel with them and just purchase the download option later today.

Sometimes they put back-order and then you check later in the day and it says ships in 24 hours or date gets moved back. Lately they seem to be all over the place with their PC games.

However if it is on backorder you can always do download option from the online store here I am seriously looking into that now if the game at EB is really on backorder. I dont care for the box or manual as much as long as I have PDF I am fine. The only reason I want it retail more then download is because of the nice printed CD. With Download I have to put in on my own back up cd with no pretty picture on the front of it.

(in reply to Knavery)
Post #: 2
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:19:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

Gentlemen,

EB ordered quite a few copies based on their pre-orders so hopefully they will be able to meet all pre-orders. If not, one of the other retailers should be able to help you.

There will of course be the download option available today if you can't wait any longer.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 3
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:24:20 PM   
sabre100

Thanks Erik -

It could also be that they sold all their pre-orders and are truly on backorder for new orders. Since I pre-ordered I should be good to go.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:29:26 PM   
Rik81

Ditto that. I also checked GameStop and they are saying a date of March 30th now!

While I applaud what Matrix is trying to do--"get more exposure to the strategy wargaming area," the execution of that plan has been woefully lacking. NOTE: I realize this may not be Matrix's fault. Be that as it may, it is very frustrating to many which reflects back on Matrix, rightly or wrongly.

I don't mind gettting a DD and taking extra money to "print out" the PDF. But when there is an opportunity to have a regular manual I would much prefer that.

Can MATRIX consider selling us the DD AND, for a reasonable additional fee, mailing us a copy of the printed manual?

(in reply to sabre100)
Post #: 5
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:43:14 PM   
Paul Vebber

We have said for some time now that we expected retail availability this week - we never said it would be avialable everywhere today.

We realize people want the title, but we have been saying what we have been saying, and trying to put realistic expectations on claims "we don't know what we are doing" and it would be availabe two weeks ago.

People posting claims that it would be avialable sooner have created an impression that we have been trying our best to temper.

Folks that have listened to us the last few weeks should have realistic expectations. IF you have baought in to claims that it would be available sooner, then all we can say is we are sorry, but maybe next time folks will take seriously what we say.

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 6
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:46:11 PM   
kverdon

Yep, Eb is really screwed up on this one. Its no longer listed as coming and its not listed as released either! The only way to find the game is to search for it where it shows up as "backordered". Wonder if they lost their shipment or something happed to it. I called Sat after being told it would be in and they could not find it in their computer system at all? Well they've got until the end of today to find it. DD seems to be the way to go. To bad as this retail screw up is putting a tarnish on Matrix's foray into retail.

Kevin

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 7
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:47:40 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: kverdon

Yep, Eb is really screwed up on this one. Its no longer listed as coming and its not listed as released either! The only way to find the game is to search for it where it shows up as "backordered". Wonder if they lost their shipment or something happed to it. I called Sat after being told it would be in and they could not find it in their computer system at all? Well they've got until the end of today to find it. DD seems to be the way to go. To bad as this retail screw up is putting a tarnish on Matrix's foray into retail.

Kevin

Sounds more like they´re updating their server content. Sometimes it takes some time for the server cache to clear before new things are visible as they should.

(in reply to kverdon)
Post #: 8
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:48:20 PM   
ryanw

I think the bottom line is the hardcore lurkers like myself will do DD -- I support the retail strategy as a way to gain far more exposure for the game to the larger gamers market.

Now my question is how much later than 11am or noon EST would I forgive a delayed posting of DD availabilty... I'm probably patient until about 5pm EST

-Ryan

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 9
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:50:10 PM   
Rattlehead2005

Well Gamestop here(Michigan) said they're not getting it till the 1st, and EB Games hasent got there shipments yet today. So will see what they do, btw they have there release date still as, March 26th..

(in reply to ryanw)
Post #: 10
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:54:26 PM   
Erik Rutins

All I can say is that the games left our hands last week, so any additional delays at this point are due to their own internal supply chain. I don't have any doubts that you will be able to buy the games at retail this week (with any luck, today) as we met all pre-orders and more with the initial shipment. However, I also wish that they were more clear, accurate and efficient in updating their availability status.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Rattlehead2005)
Post #: 11
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:55:54 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: ryanw
I think the bottom line is the hardcore lurkers like myself will do DD -- I support the retail strategy as a way to gain far more exposure for the game to the larger gamers market.

Now my question is how much later than 11am or noon EST would I forgive a delayed posting of DD availabilty... I'm probably patient until about 5pm EST

I'm working with DR now - we won't make 11am, but noon or 1pm is looking good. I don't expect any delay beyond that and I'm still hoping to have it up by noon.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ryanw)
Post #: 12
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 5:59:45 PM   
ryanw

Thanks Eric -- good they have the PR guy out in force watching the boards -- all in all I have to commend how you all are dealing with old timers + new recruits alike.

-Ryan

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 13
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 6:04:27 PM   
Knavery

This isn't Matrix' fault. This is the fault of the retail outlets decision on the number of copies to buy. The same thing happened with HoI2. Military gaming has not been a big genre in retail for the past few years. Fortunately, maybe EB, as well as others, will learn this important lesson after having lost money on two different occassions.

Knavery

(in reply to ryanw)
Post #: 14
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 6:06:39 PM   
Raukman

I am a new recruit... playing FPG while waiting...

I do DD because I live on an island east of Sweden mainland (Gotland). The only game I have seen so far COTS is Korsun Pocket. I don't think I will see WaW in the store this time either. DD is the future!

Patient

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit! - God, look at the time! My wife will kill me!
Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for the war

(in reply to ryanw)
Post #: 15
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 6:20:21 PM   
U2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raukman

I am a new recruit... playing FPG while waiting...

I do DD because I live on an island east of Sweden mainland (Gotland). The only game I have seen so far COTS is Korsun Pocket. I don't think I will see WaW in the store this time either. DD is the future!

Patient

Välkommen!

Du kan hitta spelet här i Sverige http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=39279

Want a PBEM this game later??

(in reply to Raukman)
Post #: 16
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 6:28:53 PM   
vlale

[/quote]

Välkommen!

Du kan hitta spelet här i Sverige http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=39279

[/quote]

Hvis jeg nu lære svensk kan jeg så være med på et email spil?

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to U2)
Post #: 17
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 6:35:51 PM   
VicKevlar

I know the naval warfare guys have it and shipping in 1-2 days.

http://www.nws-online.net/

The infantry doesn't change. We're the only arm of the military where the weapon is the man himself.

C. T. Shortis

(in reply to vlale)
Post #: 18
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 7:35:09 PM   
TheHellPatrol

I give up, this retail deal is FUBAR and i'm not wasting one more minute with it. EB is out of copies(online store), the malls only get 1 or 2 per shipment IF they get it which they don't know "until the shipment comes in" AND two other online dealers i've dealt with keep scratching their head and adding 2 more days. I have cancelled three...3...separate orders from different retailers as they can't seem to get it. EB said yesterday, when i changed my order to 1-day shipping that it should go out Monday...today they don't know when they'll get it. I put up my credit card for 3...three...separate charges for this game and i don't even want to deal with any more drama. It not Matrixs' fault, per se, it's just the crappy evolution of modern retail which is why i started to like dd's even though digital river has given me more than my share of grief. I hope you guys enjoy this game, i'll be lurking, after the dust settles maybe i'll cool off...Pffffffft!
P.S. I can get a box of Cuban Cigars easier than WAW...until the dd that is

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to VicKevlar)
Post #: 19
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 7:38:27 PM   
Raukman

quote:

ORIGINAL: U2

quote:

ORIGINAL: vlale

Hvis jeg nu lære svensk kan jeg så være med på et email spil?

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Sure Mates!

Och vlale... svenska är inte svårt att lära sig

(And vlale... swedish is not hard to learn )

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit! - God, look at the time! My wife will kill me!
Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for the war

(in reply to U2)
Post #: 20
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 8:47:59 PM   
Blackheart223

The EB site now has WaW listed as "Usually Ships Within 24 Hours". I can only take this a good sign. The EB that I ordered from hopes to have it in todays shipment.

(in reply to Raukman)
Post #: 21
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/28/2005 9:13:21 PM   
Kampferzähn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Major Havoc

The EB site now has WaW listed as "Usually Ships Within 24 Hours". I can only take this a good sign. The EB that I ordered from hopes to have it in todays shipment.

I'm praying that my EB games gets it in todays shipment, if not I'll have to order it.

(in reply to Blackheart223)
Post #: 22
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/29/2005 2:19:40 AM   
darth_stalin_1

i went to my eb games dont have the game let alone havenot herd of it either.do you know what storei can get this game?

(in reply to Knavery)
Post #: 23
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/29/2005 2:32:54 AM   
medic152

The guy at my local EB store said he can't explain why they don't have it yet but he looked at all his incomming shipments for the next two days and it's not included in any of them. Called Best Buy and the clerk said " you mean World of Warcraft right?" They don't even have it in the system. I was going to buy retail to get the printed manual but this is nuts. I'm downloading it now. I know this isn't Matrix's fault. Hopefully next time they can get the retail folks in line or at least get rid of whatever clause they had in the contracts that stopped them from putting out DD before the game was in stores.

Brad

(in reply to darth_stalin_1)
Post #: 24
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/29/2005 2:58:32 AM   
TheHellPatrol

Do yourself a favor, if you want a retail copy order from EB online, they ran out, but apparently it's been taken care of. No, it's not Matrixs' fault as this is to be expected when "retail" is involved. My only gripe in this case is being strung along with 3 pending next day orders to end up with nobody coming up with the product. Never, i repeat...never, have i had this happen with EB until WAW...my old pre-order wasn't fulfilled and they obviously messed up somewhere. A few days from now a random survey of EB, or any retail outlet for that matter, and they'll say "Oh, THAT World at War. I broke down and dd'd it myself and "super-saver'd" a copy from EB that will show up eventually...it's all good, frustrating perhaps, but good.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to medic152)
Post #: 25
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/29/2005 3:38:45 AM   
Kampferzähn

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol

Do yourself a favor, if you want a retail copy order from EB online, they ran out, but apparently it's been taken care of.

This is what I'm doing. Hope to have mine soon.

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 26
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/29/2005 4:19:50 AM   
HardRock

EB has gone down hill the last few years leaning more and more to console games.
They had it shipping the 28th which usually means they get it the 29th red label.

However this various from stores from metro out to the sticks.
also EB in strip malls don't get obscure games.

Most EB employees are clueless now..whereas they used to know what was going on by making a simple call to their home office. I know. I was an EB manager a few years ago:) I made dam sure I found out when a wargame was coming out for my customers:)

As to the rest of them..staples,walmart,best buy.......what do you expect.

I would have like to had the manual too but bought the game DD.
I'll prolly do some stupid thing and buy the box version for the manual:)

Matrix made out well there;)

(in reply to Kampferzähn)
Post #: 27
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/29/2005 4:35:22 AM   
Rik81

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardRock

EB has gone down hill the last few years leaning more and more to console games.
They had it shipping the 28th which usually means they get it the 29th red label.

However this various from stores from metro out to the sticks.
also EB in strip malls don't get obscure games.

Most EB employees are clueless now..whereas they used to know what was going on by making a simple call to their home office. I know. I was an EB manager a few years ago:) I made dam sure I found out when a wargame was coming out for my customers:)

As to the rest of them..staples,walmart,best buy.......what do you expect.

I would have like to had the manual too but bought the game DD.
I'll prolly do some stupid thing and buy the box version for the manual:)

Matrix made out well there;)

I agree(including your last two statements)--that is, if it ever shows up in a store so I can buy it!

I didn't have a great deal of luck with printing the pdf. Oh, I got it printed, but some of the graphics stuff just not showing up very well.

(in reply to HardRock)
Post #: 28
RE: EB Games (World at War backordered)... - 3/29/2005 5:56:50 AM   
gunnergoz

I just got my UPS tracking number from EB online games...should be here tomorrow. I pre-ordered on 3/13. So far, so good!

"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> EB Games (World at War backordered)... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI