Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EB Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> EB Games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EB Games - 3/26/2005 5:07:07 PM   
jonpfl

All,

I called my EB Games here in Tampa and they said they would have it on Saturday

I will give them a call in a little bit and hope for the best
Post #: 1
RE: EB Games - 3/26/2005 5:31:52 PM   
Kampferzähn

I'm giving my EB Games a call later on today (about noon or so) and hope beyond hope.

(in reply to jonpfl)
Post #: 2
RE: EB Games - 3/26/2005 5:45:48 PM   
donkuchi19

I just called one near me and they said they didn't have it yet.

(in reply to Kampferzähn)
Post #: 3
RE: EB Games - 3/26/2005 5:48:28 PM   
jonpfl

I just called an EB Games and they told me it isnt in their computer so they
dont have an idea when it will be in.

Funny thing is the same EB Games told me yesterday they would have it today

Oh well

(in reply to jonpfl)
Post #: 4
RE: EB Games - 3/26/2005 6:10:45 PM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonpfl

I just called an EB Games and they told me it isnt in their computer so they
dont have an idea when it will be in.

Funny thing is the same EB Games told me yesterday they would have it today

Oh well

The manager was probably the one who told you it would be in today. They do that. The newbie clerk was the on who probably told you it wasn't in the system. He either does not know how to look it up or he does not know to lie like the manager.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to jonpfl)
Post #: 5
RE: EB Games - 3/26/2005 6:12:54 PM   
Rattlehead2005

Guys, u might as well WAIT till the 29th like the rest of us. Besides i have called 3-4 Stores in my area(all EB Games) and NONE of them have got it. BTW they only get 1(per day) Shipment on Weekends, unlike the regular 2 day shipments on weekdays..

< Message edited by Rattlehead2005 -- 3/26/2005 6:43:58 PM >

(in reply to jonpfl)
Post #: 6
RE: EB Games - 3/26/2005 6:25:05 PM   
Bossy573

Hey all. Long time lurker and first time poster. I have been waiting for this game anxiously like everyone else. It has actually been kinda funny watching EB and Gamestop bounce the release dates around. You would think that these 2 companies which are in the business of selling games would actually know (or care about) the ins and outs of a thing like game release dates, but apparently not.
WAW is not listed on the EB website under new releases or coming soon so the EB employee mentioned above may not have been a complete idiot.
Anyway, I'll be taking my family up to the mall later today and I'll post if I see anything.

(in reply to Rattlehead2005)
Post #: 7
RE: EB Games - 3/26/2005 10:57:51 PM   
targul

No surprise here. PC games have not been carried retail for many years now. You can get only the most popular titles and this game isnt even close.

There is no advertising about the game. Customers outside war gamers have no idea who or what Matrix Games is and dont care.

No actual computer software store in the Los Angeles Area is carrying a single copy of this game on there shelves. I know I called them all.

I called again today just to make sure I had not be lied to a few weeks ago and got exactly the same response. Most of them dont know what it is and dont have it in there computers for incoming.

I have only done this because Matrix has hyped up this retail and they NEED to KNOW that it is not working. I will call again on Monday to see if the stores hold with the previous and will post again.

Personally given the abusive attitude of Matrix on this game I am waiting to buy it on Ebay or Amazon so the Matrix doesnt receive a penny from me for mistreating me.

I have always DD games from them and now they make us wait for the stupidous of all reasons. They gave me NO loyalty so they receive exactly the same from me.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bossy573

Hey all. Long time lurker and first time poster. I have been waiting for this game anxiously like everyone else. It has actually been kinda funny watching EB and Gamestop bounce the release dates around. You would think that these 2 companies which are in the business of selling games would actually know (or care about) the ins and outs of a thing like game release dates, but apparently not.
WAW is not listed on the EB website under new releases or coming soon so the EB employee mentioned above may not have been a complete idiot.
Anyway, I'll be taking my family up to the mall later today and I'll post if I see anything.

(in reply to Bossy573)
Post #: 8
RE: EB Games - 3/26/2005 11:52:57 PM   
kverdon

Same story here. I checked with the local EB store last night and they said it had shipped and be in today. Checked today and not only did they not get it, it is no longer in thier system and its gone from the web page. Pretty wierd but typical for EB. I'm probably going to Deep six my order and just DD the game on Monday.

Kevin

(in reply to targul)
Post #: 9
RE: EB Games - 3/27/2005 12:38:08 AM   
Challerain

I've seen an ad for this game in the last 3 or 4 issues of Computer Gaming World magazine (or was it PC Gamer?).

In looking through the April issue of World War II magazine there is an add for the Decisive Battles series(KP and BiN) with some info on Matrix. Not sure if they did anything like this for W@W.

It is on the gamestop and gogamer websites in the coming soon section and on the regular ebgames site.

(in reply to targul)
Post #: 10
RE: EB Games - 3/27/2005 1:57:15 AM   
Bossy573

No dice guys. The guy at EB stated it was showing it should have been delivered today but no copy arrived. Oh well, at least this Louisville - West Virginia game is keeping me entertained for now.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 11
RE: EB Games - 3/27/2005 8:31:55 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: targul
Personally given the abusive attitude of Matrix on this game I am waiting to buy it on Ebay or Amazon so the Matrix doesnt receive a penny from me for mistreating me.

I have always DD games from them and now they make us wait for the stupidous of all reasons. They gave me NO loyalty so they receive exactly the same from me.

Excuse me, but how have we been abusive to you?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to targul)
Post #: 12
RE: EB Games - 3/27/2005 8:34:07 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Challerain
I've seen an ad for this game in the last 3 or 4 issues of Computer Gaming World magazine (or was it PC Gamer?).

In looking through the April issue of World War II magazine there is an add for the Decisive Battles series(KP and BiN) with some info on Matrix. Not sure if they did anything like this for W@W.

It is on the gamestop and gogamer websites in the coming soon section and on the regular ebgames site.

This title has received more advertising than any release we've ever done. The advertising has been ongoing for a year in pretty much all major magazines, multiple minor magazines and in some online ads.

Those of you that can't find it in your stores yet, keep checking. We shipped out a very substantial number of copies and we expect much better stocking of this title than our previous retail releases have seen.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> EB Games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI