Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Max pop and res pool?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Max pop and res pool? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Max pop and res pool? - 3/24/2005 10:42:28 PM   
Pocus

I still have a problem understanding what are the maximum capacities of a province, speaking of stockpiling pop and resources.

From what I see, a province without factories can stockpile up to 3 times its res production, correct? It seems there is no limit if the province has factories: Eastern Germany as says 2 factories, and I see that I have 7 resources there.

For pop... its seems its twice the seasonal pop accrual? What about excess pop, if you produce in Austria some units, will the pop from Western Germany comes to be "repartited", or is the excess pop lost (in West Ger.)? I ask that because you just see the whole pool on the production screen, not the pool for each province... so one can think that unless you have twice your pop accrual, you dont loose any potential pop?

I dont quite understand the difference between resources by gift and resources from neutral. Who make their gifts?

Thats all for now, thanks for your patience!

Post #: 1
RE: Max pop and res pool? - 3/24/2005 11:49:38 PM   
Joel Billings

The limits on stockpiling only apply after the production has been completed and resources and population used up. There are no limits during the turn itself, so you may see many more population and resources in an area than the "end of turn" cap. Also, the computer tries to move resources and popuation around automatically in order not to lose them due to stockpiling limits. So German, with 11 total population in it's areas, should be able to end the production phase with 11 poplulation as long as the areas are all linked with each other so the stored population can be moved around. Anything over 11 should be lost. The limits discussed in section 9.5 of the manual are all end of turn limits only.
In reviewing this, I did see one small discrepency in the rules and that is that a region with one factory and no resource centers can stored 1 resource at the end of the turn (as stated), but if the area has 2 or more factories, it will be able to store 2 resources. Again, during the turn up until after the point where the units are actually produced, there are no limits.
Another example is if you have 3 resource centers in an area, you can end your turn with only 3 resources remaining in the area after production. Assuming you have 3 remaining, on the next turn you will have 6 (3 plus a new 3), although some of these may be automatically moved to other areas by the computer. If these aren't used, or able to be moved to another area by the computer, the excess will be lost and you will be back to 3 when your turn is ended.

Section 9.7 details free trade and gifts. Free trade comes from Neutral (white) countries. Gifts are either the US gift to Japan or the Soviet gift to Germany (done automatically as described in the manual).

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 2
RE: Max pop and res pool? - 3/24/2005 11:55:18 PM   
Pocus

Thats ok, thanks Joel.

Yes I remember those special gifts now.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Max pop and res pool? - 3/25/2005 12:11:03 AM   
Paul Vebber

Pocus - I sent a note to Joel - Tried to recreate your excess resurce pool problem and was able to get several 1 resource center areas pool up to 3, which should not be possible given what joel said, and E germany to 7 which also should not be possible - so there may still be something to what you reported, but on a limited basis 9only E ger and 1 Resource center areas seem to be affected - everywhere else seems properly maxed at double its resource center value (cut down to + to RC at the end of the production phase if no used).

THere may be some "moving around going on" and could be the cause of E germany being 7 - but the 1 RC areas that get 3 look to be an issue.

< Message edited by Paul Vebber -- 3/25/2005 12:16:36 AM >

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 4
RE: Max pop and res pool? - 3/25/2005 12:21:08 AM   
Joel Billings

East Germany could begin a turn with 7 based on 2 (previous turn storage) + 2 (new turn production) + 3 (gift from Russia delivered before German turn starts). Also, in the manual it says that the minimum storage capcity for an area with any resources is 2, so you could begin the next turn with 3 (2 stored plus 1 new production). Is this what you guys are seeing?

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 5
RE: Max pop and res pool? - 3/25/2005 5:03:33 AM   
Paul Vebber

OK, I thought that was if they had a factory - I reread it and you are correct.

No bug...

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Max pop and res pool? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI