Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship date

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Ship date Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship date - 3/23/2005 6:46:11 PM   
Vorticonthe1st

I keep getting emails from EB keeping me up to date on the ship date for this game (i know, of course, you can't trust 'em). But today I got one that says it will ship on the 25th, which, when you think about it, might not be all that outlandish. After all, it's only one working day sooner. But it would probably mean 'getting' the game on Monday instead of shipping on Monday. Any truth to this email?? Please?
Post #: 1
RE: Ship date - 3/23/2005 6:57:35 PM   
Paul Vebber

Supply chains can be weird things. as far as we know, we ship the 28th. THings fan out from there. My guess is it will be widely available by April Fools day ( i can see this is primed for abuse...)

I would be extremely surprisd if anybody has it much before Wed teh 30th, but miracles do happen. We can also get a phone call that our shipment is truckjacked or spilt all over i-95 or something...

What we know - we plan to ship on the 28th. Distributers than need to get it and ship to retail. You can do the math and probabilitity calculations as well as we. When we get the word when the boxes are expected to show up in stores and can track them , and verify< then we will provide more info on when DD's will be avialable.

That is what we know. Speculation is futile, you WILL be assimilated in the end...

(in reply to Vorticonthe1st)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship date - 3/23/2005 7:20:30 PM   
ryanw

So basically all we need to do to get DD avail is a few of us say we got the game today @ our local EB, and pay the guy who answers the phone @ that EB a few bucks to say "sure, we got 'em in and sold 'em. We told other customers that it's also available via digital download @ your website.... What you mean you don't have digital download online yet? Better hook your customers up ASAP, they're going to be expecting it now that it's hit retail."

Not that we would do anything that devious

-Ryan

(My first post, I'm 100% new to Matrix Games, but have been tracking GGWaW and lurking on the forums for weeks now.)

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship date - 3/23/2005 7:24:36 PM   
Paul Vebber

With thinking like that you will be a force to reckoned with in the game

Actually you would have to pay off the distributers to lie and hack UPS and FEdEx so we see our packages trundling on their way...

OOOPS, Maybe I shouldn't have said that...

And Welcome!

(in reply to ryanw)
Post #: 4
RE: Ship date - 3/23/2005 7:31:21 PM   
ryanw

Well, I don't have required resources to pull off a swindle of that magnitude. So I'll have to resort to my thrice-daily routine...

1) Go to www.worldatwaronline.com homepage
2) Click the Buy Now link - confirm that it's not up there
3) Click into forums, pops open a new window, maximize it
4) Go into GGWaW forum
5) Read every new post for the chance that a scenario like I mentioned above is playing out
6) Sigh (as i discover that no such "early-release" scenario is playing out, either via EB, Gamestop, or Ebay )
7) Close both browser, try to get a little work done til I go back to step #1

-Ryan

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 5
RE: Ship date - 3/23/2005 11:53:40 PM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mick

I keep getting emails from EB keeping me up to date on the ship date for this game (i know, of course, you can't trust 'em). But today I got one that says it will ship on the 25th, which, when you think about it, might not be all that outlandish. After all, it's only one working day sooner. But it would probably mean 'getting' the game on Monday instead of shipping on Monday. Any truth to this email?? Please?
From my experience, and a couple well known contacts at corporate level, new releases always ship to stores on Tuesday morning(leave warehouse Monday). So at best we are looking at Tuesday the 29th for in store pick-up. If i was a gambling man that is where i'd place my wager.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Post #: 6
RE: Ship date - 3/24/2005 4:25:05 AM   
randell765

Not entirely sure, but I have seen the 25th also, and Amazon no longer has a wait before it's released date. Would any dev care to comment on that? ;) I will look for it on the 25th(Friday), but it most likely will be the 29th. However, if through the luck of God I get it on Friday, i will laugh at everybody that waited the three-four extra days :)

Post #: 7
RE: Ship date - 3/24/2005 4:29:17 AM   
Joel Billings

quote:

ORIGINAL: randell765

Not entirely sure, but I have seen the 25th also, and Amazon no longer has a wait before it's released date. Would any dev care to comment on that? ;) I will look for it on the 25th(Friday), but it most likely will be the 29th. However, if through the luck of God I get it on Friday, i will laugh at everybody that waited the three-four extra days :)

See the FAQ thread at the top of the page (When and Where to Get World at War)regarding the latest from Matrix on distribution timing. Sounds like it'll be out in the world very soon.

(in reply to randell765)
Post #: 8
RE: Ship date - 3/25/2005 10:52:57 AM   
ravinhood

This delay has been great for me, I've now won $140 playing poker online waiting on this game, lol, I've made enough to buy all the games I'm interested in this year. Thanks Matrixgame. ;) Now, back to the suckers on partypoker.com heh, I just loveeeee the fish there.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 9
RE: Ship date - 3/25/2005 8:29:03 PM   
David Heath

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mick

From my experience, and a couple well known contacts at corporate level, new releases always ship to stores on Tuesday morning(leave warehouse Monday). So at best we are looking at Tuesday the 29th for in store pick-up. If i was a gambling man that is where i'd place my wager.

I normally would agree with this but since the new PSP was released on Thursday and they will be shipping overnight for the next couple of days to keep up with the demand. Since our games are waiting in their warehoues we were told that some of our games may getting mixed in with some of these shipments.

David

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 10
RE: Ship date - 3/25/2005 8:53:38 PM   
TheHellPatrol

...So....Close....

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> Ship date Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI