Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My skepticism is in high mode!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> My skepticism is in high mode!!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My skepticism is in high mode!!!!! - 3/16/2005 1:56:45 AM   
jjarred

So what happens when it is delayed again and again and again????

I have always been impressed with the games developed here, but I, like others who seem as disgruntled or dubious at the very least as I, are beginning to wonder if "WAW" is gonna truly be out before March ends. I have my doubts.

It looks like a real fantastic game, just getting tired of the seemingly endless changes in shipping or pre-shipping or whatever the latest flavor of the month is.

Any bets that it will be mid April, early May...

Please, spare me the drumrolls; been hearing drumrolls since Feb. when it was suppose to be out...would prefer a solid 'PROMISE' that it will be out on the 28th of March without another overbearing shadow of unwanted "Delay" looming on the horizen.

I also have to agree with another post on this site, it would be alot better that you do have a direct download for this game up now or very soon. It seems that there is a very solid core of gamers here who do deserve some special consideration and access to the game. I think it is a mistake to not consider the dedicated following of these folks who are your best spokes people and who have consistently been loyal to your market. I would think that the pay-offs of a DD would be much better 'PR' for the retail market at the end of the month. 'Word of Mouth' is a very convincing way of getting any product moving outside the normal pro mo's. Just my opinion!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: My skepticism is in high mode!!!!! - 3/16/2005 2:02:40 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

Patience young Jedi, patience.

Game is finalized. Beta board is generally silent except for occasional "post release" post or two.

Any perceived "delay" is caused by Matrix wish to distribute this game in old fashioned retail channel. Try to understand their wish to make the game available to masses and wargaming as hobby popularized as much as possible. This game is worth the wait, and effort.

O.

(in reply to jjarred)
Post #: 2
RE: My skepticism is in high mode!!!!! - 3/16/2005 4:23:19 PM   
Cheesehead

Actually, Matrix's timing couldn't be better...it's Tournament time!...March madness!...Fill out a bracket or two, or ten and distract yourself with the best sporting event this side of the NFL. I figure I should be picking up my copy of WaW just after the Championship game on April 4th.

You can't fight in here...this is the war room!

(in reply to jjarred)
Post #: 3
RE: My skepticism is in high mode!!!!! - 3/17/2005 6:51:11 AM   
norvandave

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cheesehead

Actually, Matrix's timing couldn't be better...it's Tournament time!...March madness

No actually, it couldn't be worse. NHL Hockey is still locked-out and we need something!!! Basketball... don't talk to Vancouverites about basketball, a pox on Memphis Grizzlies!! I've been to Memphis and I never saw even one Grizzly there.

Actually I could watch Steve Nash (he's from Victoria, BC) and the high flyin' Suns in a pinch.

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.

(in reply to Cheesehead)
Post #: 4
RE: My skepticism is in high mode!!!!! - 3/17/2005 8:17:19 AM   
ravinhood

Nope, direct downloaders gotta wait it out just like us retailers. ;)

(in reply to jjarred)
Post #: 5
RE: My skepticism is in high mode!!!!! - 3/17/2005 8:52:00 AM   
JudgeDredd

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjarred
...So what happens when it is delayed again and again and again????...

To be fair, I fail to see the relevance of your post. Let me explain.

Noone is denying this game was delayed. Some might even say you are correct in pointing out that it was due to be completed in March.

But as a developer/publisher, constantly badgered about release, release, release you kinda want to give a feel. But those are nothing more than guestimates. I know...I am a software developer and I am constantly asked about the expected completion date of this project or that...truth is...it's not an exact science. Until it's actually finished, you can say, with any degree of certainty, when it will be finished. There is always some bug or feature going to bite you're ass.

Another point about your statement...although you've heard in the past the game is coming...coming...coming...I'll wager you won't find in any of those posts that the game has gone gold?! Am I right?

It's seldom the case that games are delayed when they go gold. Of course there can be a small delay when they go gold, but these, normally, are out of the hands of the publisher...

So I'd say your fears about the game being delayed are, on a scale of 1-10 - 1 being a teensy, weensy bit scared, then I'd say you should be scared about 1.

Alba gu' brath

(in reply to jjarred)
Post #: 6
RE: My skepticism is in high mode!!!!! - 3/17/2005 9:58:28 AM   
ravinhood

And if you're the patient type like me, it doesn't matter when it's released. It's not going to get there till it gets there, so there's no use getting worked up about it. Ahhhh tis nice to be "mature & wise". ;)

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 7
RE: My skepticism is in high mode!!!!! - 3/21/2005 8:31:03 PM   
TSCofield

They are having press versions of the gold copy out for review. This tells me that it is highly doubtful there will be much more of a delay.

Thomas S. Cofield
Feature Editor, SimHQ.com
t.co0field@comcast.net (stopped the SimHq mail since I get nothing but spam)

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> My skepticism is in high mode!!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI