Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 7:50:12 PM   
Erik Rutins

2gaulle,

Please don't bring politics into this, it has nothing at all to do with this discussion.

Again, we do not control any pricing by any retailers. If they would like to charge you less for the boxed copy than we do for the download, we are happy as long as they are happy. There's nothing wrong with ordering from them instead. Our digital download price for this product will remain as it is, as it was announced before release and as was expected. We have followed this pricing model with all our download games to try to minimize some currency fluctuations for both us and our customers.

Sometimes it's $1 off to our advantage, sometimes it's $1 off to your advantage. I should point out that in many areas of the world this is better than retail pricing. Many large game companies sell a game for $29.99 in the US and then sell it for 29.99 Euros as well. There is a marketing basis for this in perceived value, but our goal is to be as fair as possible to all of our customers.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 31
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 7:55:16 PM   
2gaulle

quote:

Please don't bring politics into this, it has nothing at all to do with this discussion.

don't like more Marc insult.

quote:

Sometimes it's $1 off to our advantage, sometimes it's $1 off to your advantage.

sorry false, it's allwais in your advantage.
1$ is nothing it's only a honesty

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 32
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 7:58:29 PM   
Erik Rutins

2gaulle,

If you want to continue this discussion, please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com.

I have personally seen the advantage be in the customer's favor for periods in between updates, based on currency fluctuation. Again, please take this to e-mail if you want to continue as it is becoming a debate rather than having anything to do with helping customers who are seeking info on the release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 33
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 8:02:14 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2gaulle

quote:

don't like more Marc insult.

Which insult? If you want to discuss it, you have my email, from our "PBEM" discussion.

(in reply to 2gaulle)
Post #: 34
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 8:06:23 PM   
Kelm

Just my "little" opinion about this.

I dont' think that 29.99€ is an expensive price for a game like that. I'am a french player, and in France, a (new) game usual price in store is about 45€ and 55€. So for me i dont see where is the problem...

BTW, thanks for this game.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 35
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 8:41:09 PM   
John Gault

I get this error message after I have added game to my cart and clicked secure order (or whatever):

There are no items in your shopping basket.

If you were attempting an order, please note that browsing outside of the online store can sometimes clear the items from your shopping cart.
Please add your items to the cart and try again.

To add items to your shopping cart, you must enable cookies.
The ordering process requires a cookie to be set on your computer to provide access to our secure server for processing your credit card transaction, downloading software, and checking the status of your order.
To enable cookies, please reference your browser's help section.

(Error Number: 30033010 - 0)

I have cleared my casche and now it won't take my cash!

What is up?

Attachment (1)

Do you know this man?

(in reply to Kelm)
Post #: 36
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 8:43:12 PM   
Erik Rutins

John,

Please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com. We'll need more info, such as order number and which store you were using. We'll follow up with DR to find out why it's not happy with you. I'm seeing lots of successful orders go through, so this is not a general issue.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to John Gault)
Post #: 37
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 10:02:47 PM   
Erik Rutins

I thought those of you waiting for the retail release might want to see what's included. I've scanned in the contents of my sample retail copy for you to have a look. In my opinion, it's worth the wait. The box came out looking beautiful, the manual is 128 pages, including the covers and is comprehensive, legible and well organized (in my opinion). The full color CD looks great and the sleeve includes your serial number on the back. Finally, you get a copy of our nifty new full color Winter 2005 catalog, which includes info and screenshots on pretty much every game in our line-up.

Anyway, here's a scan of the box and contents just laid out on my scanner.

Attachment (1)

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 38
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 10:10:11 PM   
Marc von Martial

Man Erik,

your scanner needs a calibration, LOL

Post #: 39
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 10:12:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

Marc,

Yes, I agree.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 40
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 10:16:54 PM   
Marc von Martial

The "red" in your image broke my new LCD, man

Post #: 41
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 10:57:39 PM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Gault

I get this error message after I have added game to my cart and clicked secure order (or whatever):

There are no items in your shopping basket.

If you were attempting an order, please note that browsing outside of the online store can sometimes clear the items from your shopping cart.
Please add your items to the cart and try again.

To add items to your shopping cart, you must enable cookies.
The ordering process requires a cookie to be set on your computer to provide access to our secure server for processing your credit card transaction, downloading software, and checking the status of your order.
To enable cookies, please reference your browser's help section.

(Error Number: 30033010 - 0)

I have cleared my casche and now it won't take my cash!

What is up?

What browser?

For a few places I've had to use the ugly and spyware magnet MSIE to do an order, where a site uses active-x or such stuff that firefox doesn't support.

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to John Gault)
Post #: 42
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 10:59:15 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cmdrcain

What browser?

For a few places I've had to use the ugly and spyware magnet MSIE to do an order, where a site uses active-x or such stuff that firefox doesn't support.

Orders work just fine with Firefox, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla etc. It´s not a browser issue in general.

A lot of times this can be traced back to "security software" like Norton Internet Security for example or "add blockers", add blocker plugins etc.

(in reply to Cmdrcain)
Post #: 43
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 11:02:05 PM   
pyrhic

Can you make the img bigger please?

Good job guys. I've been passively following this for months now (since you advertised initially in computer games) and am looking forward to the d/l...

Post #: 44
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 11:03:42 PM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

What browser?

Orders work just fine with Firefox, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla etc. It´s not a browser issue in general.

Ok, just was a thought since I haven't bought via Dd since switching to FF, and I recently had to use MSIE to order elsewhere (firefox wasn't seeing part of the form and it kept erroring out without "type of payment selected") at some other site, so it was a passing thought maybe something similar with DR.

Good to know FF willwork.... I'll be DD it if local stores don't have still retail up in couple days when I do some shopping...

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

Post #: 45
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/28/2005 11:08:02 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

quote:

What browser?

Ok, just was a thought since I haven't bought via Dd since switching to FF, and I recently had to use MSIE to order elsewhere (firefox wasn't seeing part of the form and it kept erroring out without "type of payment selected") at some other site, so it was a passing thought maybe something similar with DR.

Good to know FF willwork.... I'll be DD it if local stores don't have still retail up in couple days when I do some shopping...

Yep some sites still don´t support Mozilla based browsers, sadly. That is where the Mozilla/Firefox "View IE" extension comes handy

(in reply to Cmdrcain)
Post #: 46
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/29/2005 1:16:59 AM   
Sp3

Hi Guys

With all this talk of saving the odd $/£ and waiting for the retail version, I'm wondering if I did Something wrong. First I downloaded the game. Then installed it, then added some crisp new A4 paper to my printer topped up my cartridges and printed the bloody thing. Anybody??

Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.

Post #: 47
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/29/2005 6:41:15 AM   
John Gault

Sorry - I use IE 6. I still can't get the, ah, worthy, DD to do.
I blew away all cookies, as advised. This is a bummer.

Attachment (1)

Do you know this man?

(in reply to Sp3)
Post #: 48
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/29/2005 7:08:13 AM   
Paul Vebber

WHat sort of firewall, ad blcoker software to you have loaded? Its probrbaly some software you ahve besides the browser that is blocking cookies, or popups or scripting the store uses. Lots of folks are getting through, so its not a failure of teh store - must be a mismatch with somethign you are running?

(in reply to John Gault)
Post #: 49
RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info - 3/30/2005 10:37:20 AM   
atlasapl

Well I downloaded this last night (I am in the UK) as soon as I noticed on the wargamer web site that it was available, the price was about $47 which includes Tax, that comes to about £25, which for a new game is a bit of a bargain. Have not played it yet, but will do tonight when I get home from work.

(in reply to Paul Vebber)
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War >> RE: Digital Download and Retail Release Info Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI