Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Happy New Year

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Happy New Year Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Happy New Year - 12/31/2004 11:43:54 PM   
RBWhite

Happy New Year Folks

If you drink, Drive carefully, or not at all.

Enjoy

Rick White

Post #: 1
RE: Happy New Year - 1/1/2005 12:31:19 AM   
KG Erwin

Thanks, Rick, and Happy New Year to the community. What's everyone doing tonight? As is now a tradition, I'm staying at home with the family and enjoying shots of ice-cold Stolichnaya vodka (the real Russian deal).

Here's a toast to a great 2005.

(in reply to RBWhite)
Post #: 2
RE: Happy New Year - 1/1/2005 1:54:31 AM   
Sarge

Happy New year guys

Going to hang out tonight with the family at home.
Looking foward to the Cubs this season .

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Happy New Year - 1/1/2005 3:02:47 AM   
KG Erwin

One of my nephews was involved in a car accident today--it totaled the vehicle, but thankfully the only injuries he suffered were facial scratches from the deployed airbag. He is OK. <whew> The other driver was at fault--she took a curve too fast , swerved into his lane and hit him head-on. Now that I think of the possible consequences, I'm a little shaky, but it turned out OK. No one was seriously hurt.

(in reply to RBWhite)
Post #: 4
RE: Happy New Year - 1/1/2005 3:39:52 AM   
Kung Karl

Happy new year all!!! I hope too se you all on the virtual battlefield this year :)

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Happy New Year - 1/1/2005 3:48:33 AM   
Veldor

My uncle's brother just went sky-diving to celebrate the birth of a new baby in the family. His brother is an Ex-Navy Seal. It was my uncle's brother's very first time skydiving though. So of course he had to go with an instructor.

Except the Primary Parachute did not deploy.

Nor did the Secondary.

I would have thought that would have been the end of the story but believe it or not there is a third parachute in this case. One primary and One secondary per person. So the instructor deployed the passenger's parachute.

It was fouled, but did partially deploy.

Now as I understand it the secondaries aren't really meant for two people in the first place, especially when not deployed correctly.

They came in very fast. In all the "terror" my uncle's brother tensed up and held his legs rigged and braced for impact (The last thing you are suppose to do and what he had been told not to do). He broke both his legs and shattered something else(forgot what) and now has metal pins holding his ankles on.

The instructor walked away unharmed and without injury. The Navy Seal's chute deployed just fine and he landed ok of course.

I might have some minor details slightly askew because most of the time I was being told this I was reciting "I will never jump out of an airplane" over and over again in my mind...

--As for New Years Eve my family ate out at a restaurant earlier and now we are at home playing the only Avalon Hill game that Hasbro actually managed to improve upon, and my favorite Non-Wargame of all time... ACQUIRE.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
RE: Happy New Year - 1/1/2005 4:13:21 AM   
TheHellPatrol

Happy New Year All! It's going to be a banner year for Matrix and Company, we are very lucky to have them. I will be playing a Matrix product when the clock strikes 12:00 here in California, only stopping to kiss the Wife and kids and maybe a special cigar. I had to abstain from Witp for the holidays per an agreement with the wife, ? being an "active" parent ?, but thankfully i have BiN, KP, HTTR, GOT and...you get the picture Peace everyone and PLEASE don't drink and drive

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Happy New Year Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll