Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Money Burning in My Pocket!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Money Burning in My Pocket!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/12/2004 3:12:01 AM   
Nemesis30

Is there a ballpark release date for this one? Got money burning a hole in my pocket...
Post #: 1
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/12/2004 4:07:33 AM   
stall84

same with me.

Could you atleast let us know which stage you guys are at?

Last I heard it was in 'Alpha' 'Build'. I have no idea what that is, but I know what a beta version is.. obviously it comes after alpha... so.. any news? we are very hungry ;)

(in reply to Nemesis30)
Post #: 2
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/12/2004 8:23:55 AM   
Tactics

The Sims 2 is gold. Pre-orders ship on the 14th and it will be in stores on the 17th. Blow your load on that, because COTR wont be any time soon - me thinks.

Dont worry, you can still kill stuff; Im going to hire a gardner, put her in room with no exit and starve her to death. Im also going to abuse my children daily and fill the maid with my demon seed every chance I get.

< Message edited by Tactics -- 9/12/2004 6:24:28 AM >

(in reply to stall84)
Post #: 3
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/12/2004 9:19:13 AM   
Arjuna

Tactics,

Get some therapy mate. If Sims2 does this to you, then you're in big trouble.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Tactics)
Post #: 4
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/12/2004 9:42:36 AM   
Arjuna

Re Where we are at. Alpha stage means that stage where we are still adding feature code - ie the game in incomplete. Beta is when all the planned features are there but the program is still pretty buggy and/or needs testing. Gold is when we've signed off on the product - ie it's finished.

Paul, whose been doing the Campaign feature has been off sick these last few weeks. Steve "Golf33" Long has been busy developing Estabs and scenarios for the Italian/Greek clashes along the Albanian border and for Malta. I've been busy developing and tweaking AI. We now have new Delay code that divides a delay force into two blocking groups and leap frogs these as the enemy advances or outflanks the forward blocking group. The new delay code also better manages the HQ/Bases and arty units. Initial testing looks very impressive, though much more testing is required before we can tick this off. I have reviewed the movement algorythms and associated reaction code. Moving forces are now much better at changing formation, bypassing or launching quick attacks.

Complimenting this I have also revised much of the formation code. In particular, I have revised Road Column and All Round Defense formations to better manage support and line support units. Supporting this I have made changes to the Get GTI ( Ground of Tactical importance ) function to ensure that line support and support units are not allowed to deploy forward of line units.

Next week I embark on implementing Slop Effects and Mixed Mode movement code. The Slope Effects code will allow us to slow down move rates as units try and climb slopes. In some cases where the slope is greater than 30 degrees it will prevent motorised units from entering but still enable foot units to traverse the location. The Mixed Mode movement code willl manage such cases. This code is needed to realistically simulate the steep terrain of Greece and Crete.

So as you can see we are still a way off yet. If all goes well we should be ready to go into beta phase late October ( touch wood ). Yet as with all orginal coding work you never know when you might strike a difficulty that can set you back.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 5
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/12/2004 4:50:05 PM   
Neilster

quote:

Next week I embark on implementing Slop Effects

This is the deleterious effect on one's troops of poor quality food. Think of it as simulating a malfunctioning goulash cannon. That harsh Greek terrain was murder on the chow wagons.

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 6
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/12/2004 5:44:31 PM   
Hartford688

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tactics

Dont worry, you can still kill stuff; Im going to hire a gardner, put her in room with no exit and starve her to death. Im also going to abuse my children daily and fill the maid with my demon seed every chance I get.

Child abuse jokes. Nice.

(in reply to Tactics)
Post #: 7
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/12/2004 7:45:01 PM   
EricGuitarJames

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hartford688

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tactics

Child abuse jokes. Nice.

I'm more concerned about that poor maid

Well we can be thankful that the poor soul is taking out his frustrations in a 'game'

It's Just a Ride!

(in reply to Hartford688)
Post #: 8
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/13/2004 2:18:40 AM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neilster

quote:

Next week I embark on implementing Slop Effects

This is the deleterious effect on one's troops of poor quality food. Think of it as simulating a malfunctioning goulash cannon. That harsh Greek terrain was murder on the chow wagons.

Cheers, Neilster

Actually to be more correct it is the product of too much work and not enough play.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 9
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/17/2004 11:46:21 PM   
pamak1970

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Re Where we are at. Alpha stage means that stage where we are still adding feature code - ie the game in incomplete. Beta is when all the planned features are there but the program is still pretty buggy and/or needs testing. Gold is when we've signed off on the product - ie it's finished.

Paul, whose been doing the Campaign feature has been off sick these last few weeks. Steve "Golf33" Long has been busy developing Estabs and scenarios for the Italian/Greek clashes along the Albanian border and for Malta. I've been busy developing and tweaking AI. We now have new Delay code that divides a delay force into two blocking groups and leap frogs these as the enemy advances or outflanks the forward blocking group. The new delay code also better manages the HQ/Bases and arty units. Initial testing looks very impressive, though much more testing is required before we can tick this off. I have reviewed the movement algorythms and associated reaction code. Moving forces are now much better at changing formation, bypassing or launching quick attacks.

Complimenting this I have also revised much of the formation code. In particular, I have revised Road Column and All Round Defense formations to better manage support and line support units. Supporting this I have made changes to the Get GTI ( Ground of Tactical importance ) function to ensure that line support and support units are not allowed to deploy forward of line units.

Next week I embark on implementing Slop Effects and Mixed Mode movement code. The Slope Effects code will allow us to slow down move rates as units try and climb slopes. In some cases where the slope is greater than 30 degrees it will prevent motorised units from entering but still enable foot units to traverse the location. The Mixed Mode movement code willl manage such cases. This code is needed to realistically simulate the steep terrain of Greece and Crete.

So as you can see we are still a way off yet. If all goes well we should be ready to go into beta phase late October ( touch wood ). Yet as with all orginal coding work you never know when you might strike a difficulty that can set you back.

Arjuna,
since you talk about slope movement and the like i would like to ask something.
In HTTR ,motorized units can enter and move through forests.
Are you planning in cota to have forest areas impassable to armored or mechanized units?(when there is no any road of any kind of course)
This is more realistic ,since i know Greek terrain and i actually have terrain evaluation studies from the Greek military staff college.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 10
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/18/2004 1:28:20 AM   
Makoto

so can we count on umm, a christmas release? Perhaps January?

It is sincerity and faithfulness. It is self-sacrifice, duty, adherence to principle and unwavering loyalty to one's lord despite what the lord stands for, good or evil. It is an acceptance of one's place and status.

This is Makoto

(in reply to pamak1970)
Post #: 11
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/18/2004 2:12:09 AM   
EricGuitarJames

quote:

ORIGINAL: Makoto

so can we count on umm, a christmas release? Perhaps January?

Quite probably, except there's no specific year

It's Just a Ride!

(in reply to Makoto)
Post #: 12
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/18/2004 3:14:44 AM   
Arjuna

Ah give us a break Eric. What a cheap shot mate! Although, you may end up being right. You never know with original R&D coding.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to EricGuitarJames)
Post #: 13
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/18/2004 3:20:12 AM   
Arjuna

As to motorised unit moving through woods etc. Currently the code does not support mixed mode movement. By that I mean that if terrain is passable to foot, then it must also be passable to motorised units. With the new code I'm developing, this restriction will be removed and we will be able to have foot units enter forest while motorised ones cannot. Actually allowing the units to do so is easy. What is difficult is catering for all the cases where a force can no longer reach its assigned objective or where part of the force can but part cannot. This affects all the reaction, reassessment and planning code for just about all tasks. So it's a big job.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 14
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/18/2004 6:30:50 PM   
pamak1970

quote:

As to motorised unit moving through woods etc. Currently the code does not support mixed mode movement. By that I mean that if terrain is passable to foot, then it must also be passable to motorised units. With the new code I'm developing, this restriction will be removed and we will be able to have foot units enter forest while motorised ones cannot. Actually allowing the units to do so is easy. What is difficult is catering for all the cases where a force can no longer reach its assigned objective or where part of the force can but part cannot. This affects all the reaction, reassessment and planning code for just about all tasks. So it's a big job.

I understand what you mean.
Another issue would be the motorized infantry .
For example a motorized infantry unit can disembark leaving the vehicles behind and attack or travel through forest.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 15
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/19/2004 4:37:18 AM   
EricGuitarJames

quote:

Ah give us a break Eric. What a cheap shot mate!

AAaahh, you know I luv you weally, glub, glub

It's Just a Ride!

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 16
RE: Money Burning in My Pocket!! - 9/20/2004 2:23:19 AM   
Arjuna

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to EricGuitarJames)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Conquest of the Aegean >> Money Burning in My Pocket!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI