Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird mission start

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Tech Support >> Weird mission start Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird mission start - 8/3/2004 7:10:20 AM   
noochie

I mentioned this in a reply to a different thread, but apparently they were talking about something else.

Anyway, I'm experiencing a fully reproducible but minor and non-game threatening bug whenever I first load a saved game. On the first mission, I always start in the middle of space, then instantly get teleported somewhere. I always esc-2 to quit and restart the mission, and for the rest of the session the game behaves normally.

File under "Maybe Coincidence?": This bug seemed to start when I lowered the in-game music volume. Oddly, the first (bugged) mission always has the desired (low) volume. And in the subsequent (non-bugged) missions, the in-game music volume goes back to its default level until the end of the session. Low music volume = teleporting ships? I dunno.

Since there's no CTD, would an error.log even be helpful?
Post #: 1
RE: Weird mission start - 8/3/2004 6:28:02 PM   
John DiCamillo

You are not the only person to report this, but so far I haven't been able to reproduce it here.

Q1: Do you normally take off from the carrier deck, or do you have the "Flying Start" option enabled?

Q2: Does this only affect loading saved games, or do new campaigns also have the same problem?

Thanks,

(in reply to noochie)
Post #: 2
RE: Weird mission start - 8/3/2004 9:19:20 PM   
noochie

1) I always take off from a carrier deck. I tried a flying start today, and didn't have any problems.

2) I just checked, and new campaigns (as well as just pushing START) also have the same problem.

By the way, I finally put away the fighters and tried several missions with a destroyer the other day, and I was blown away. This is by far the best space sim I've ever played!

(in reply to noochie)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Tech Support >> Weird mission start Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI