Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

General Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Tech Support >> General Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
General Questions - 7/14/2004 11:15:48 AM   
$tefan

Hi,

I just had to say your game sounds great
(i'm downloading the demo right now, will try it out later today)
I had a couple of questions about the game....

1. in your store there a two different starshatter available (Massive Assault and Starships Unlimited Divided Galaxies) what's the difference? Is one an old game and the other the sucessor (like starshatter 1 and 2?) is one the game the other an expansion pack?

2. starshatter is right now 4.0.0 (demo is 3.9.0) is the game still under developement and people buy beta versions that they later can upgrade to the finsihed on or is it basically finished? if still under development, when will it be finished?

3. your game is available only in your store at the moment as far as i checked, will it ever hit the shelfs (normal offline stores)? and when if so?

4. what are the online capabilities off starshatter (i.e. how many players? (my gaming clan is playing freelancer right now, we're looking for a new game would a server with 50 slots be possible or totally beyond the reach?), can you set up a server, is the online gaming part of it done yet?, etc)

5."You begin the game as either a fighter pilot or the captain of a small Frigate-class starship. "
as far as i understood from the starshatter site you can play both as fighter pilot (more of a space shooter) and as commander of a fleet (more of a tactical sim)...
am I right? and if so how does this work online? can players that play as fighters play online with fleet commanders? do fleet commanders only command computer ships or only other online players? or both? or can you go back and forth between the two? or does a player control a fleet and can switch between controlling the entire fleet, manuallly controlling a small frigate and manually controlling a fighter?

6. i live in europe so if the game is still under developement when will it be released off the shelf in general (probably us first) and when in europe?

$tefan
Post #: 1
RE: General Questions - 7/14/2004 11:40:41 AM   
Kuokkanen

I'm not employee of Matrix or Destroyer Studios but I can give you some answers.

quote:

ORIGINAL: $tefan

1. in your store there a two different starshatter available

What are you fooling? I see only 1 title called Starshatter and that title don't include anything else.

quote:

2. starshatter is right now 4.0.0 (demo is 3.9.0) is the game still under developement and people buy beta versions that they later can upgrade to the finsihed on or is it basically finished? if still under development, when will it be finished?

Starshatter is developed by Destroyer Studios which consist of only 1 man: John DiCamillo, also called milo. I don't know how long he works with Starshatter but I hope it will be very long

Right now he is working with patch which should fix some bugs which were missed in beta testing. I assume that updates game either to 4.0.1 or 4.1. I assume after that more bugs are found and another patch is made. If not, John just might start work with sequel of 5.0. At some point Microsoft Flight Simulator had similar practice with version numbering up to 5.x.

quote:

3. your game is available only in your store at the moment as far as i checked, will it ever hit the shelfs (normal offline stores)? and when if so?

No unless employees of the shops decide buy games themselves and put to shelves. Hey Matrix, has this ever happened?

quote:

4. what are the online capabilities off starshatter (i.e. how many players? (my gaming clan is playing freelancer right now, we're looking for a new game would a server with 50 slots be possible or totally beyond the reach?), can you set up a server, is the online gaming part of it done yet?, etc)

There are no restricted numbers. So in theory if you have infinite hardware capacity and infinite Internet connection, you could have infinite number of players. This is only theory though.

What comes to rest of your questions, Starshatter includes large number of options and settings. There are 3 options for physic model where Standard is most realistic and very much newtonian (not totally). You can't jump to frigate right away but you need get enough high rank first by flying fighters and/or bombers. When you control carrier, you can command all starships of the carrier group much like in Homeworld games, arm fighters and assign missions to them and more. You can't jump to controls of other starship/fighter though, you can control only the carrier. I haven't played multiplayer yet so I don't say a thing about it.

(in reply to $tefan)
Post #: 2
RE: General Questions - 7/14/2004 5:38:48 PM   
Firefly

quote:

ORIGINAL: $tefan

1. in your store there a two different starshatter available (Massive Assault and Starships Unlimited Divided Galaxies) what's the difference? Is one an old game and the other the sucessor (like starshatter 1 and 2?) is one the game the other an expansion pack?

Massive Assault and Starships Unlimited are different games that have no connection to Starshatter, other than being published by Matrix Games, whose website this is.

(in reply to $tefan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Tech Support >> General Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI