Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions & Requests:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Questions & Requests: Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions & Requests: - 7/8/2004 9:32:42 PM   
pad152

Questions & Requests:

Questions:

1. If you evac/relocate an HQ such as ABDA to OZ, will it’s replacements follow it?

2. The AVG/A FG group/ 1st section was lost when the Japanese overran Rangoon, the aircraft replacement screen shows them returning in 389 day. Why 389 days, is this just a random number?

Requests:

1. Add a delete save file to the save data screen. There is going to be a ton of save files with this game.

2. Add a next /previous button to the data screen in the on-line database when viewing planes, ships, etc.

3. Ability to disband PT boats, where they will show up in PT pool, say 30 days later. There are lots of groups of one or two PT boats all over the map and it’s hard to get them where you want because of the short range. It’s a complete waste of using a tanker for 2 wks to move PT boats around the map.

4. Add a star next to the name of HQ’s that are restricted, in the change HQ screen, so players do waste PP’s to change a unit from one restricted HQ to another.

5. New aircraft mission “Follow TF”, a recon mission where planes try to shadow ships/TF’s to gain info on ship types, taskforce make up, and location or just the ability to recon any hex including TF’s.

6. A new arrival button in the intel screen that will show a list of newly arrived units and locations. New units show up all over the map, and you may miss the arrival message because of all the other info.
Post #: 1
RE: Questions & Requests: - 7/8/2004 9:45:11 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

1. If you evac/relocate an HQ such as ABDA to OZ, will it’s replacements follow it?

Not sure I follow you. Any unit sitting in a base will get replacements provided the supply requirement is met.

quote:

2. The AVG/A FG group/ 1st section was lost when the Japanese overran Rangoon, the aircraft replacement screen shows them returning in 389 day. Why 389 days, is this just a random number?

Actually 390 days, but hey, you looked at the turn the following day

1. Add a delete save file to the save data screen. There is going to be a ton of save files with this game.

Many other things on the list ahead of this

2. Add a next /previous button to the data screen in the on-line database when viewing planes, ships, etc.

See above

3. Ability to disband PT boats, where they will show up in PT pool, say 30 days later. There are lots of groups of one or two PT boats all over the map and it’s hard to get them where you want because of the short range. It’s a complete waste of using a tanker for 2 wks to move PT boats around the map.

Would actually be nice, but 30 days is probably too short, perhaps 120.

4. Add a star next to the name of HQ’s that are restricted, in the change HQ screen, so players do waste PP’s to change a unit from one restricted HQ to another.

Duh! RTFM. Read the *million* posts.

5. New aircraft mission “Follow TF”, a recon mission where planes try to shadow ships/TF’s to gain info on ship types, taskforce make up, and location or just the ability to recon any hex including TF’s.

Already abstracted in the current search routines. Spotted TF's are more likely to be respotted increasing levels and giving better info.

6. A new arrival button in the intel screen that will show a list of newly arrived units and locations. New units show up all over the map, and you may miss the arrival message because of all the other info.

Was in the operational reports once, got lost in the shuffle.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions & Requests: - 7/8/2004 10:23:53 PM   
pad152

quote:

quote:

Not sure I follow you. Any unit sitting in a base will get replacements provided the supply requirement is met.

If a Command HQ is moved will the ships/planes/LCU's in the arrival screen follow the command HQ, and not the location in the arrival screen?

Example: ABDA Dutch command is moved to Derby Oz, will the new arrivals show up in Derby?

Thanks Mr. Frag

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions & Requests: - 7/8/2004 10:26:58 PM   
Mr.Frag

No, arrivals are coded to the location.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions & Requests: - 7/8/2004 11:15:46 PM   
pad152

I shouldn't known saving the Dutch HQ wasn't gone to pay off!

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Questions & Requests: Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI