Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 12:46:46 AM   
Rik81

Been laboriously working through the tutorial. Got as far as page 31.
At the first "Warning" on that page ... couldn't find the areas for Set All ...
Then in setting up the TF (which becomes #14) it says to Set to follow the above ...
but when I click on that I can't figure out how to "set to follow". If I need the destination hex first then you should say so, but even when I put it in (as the same as the previous TF) I still can't get a Set To Follow to work.!

Finally, and this is BIG. I have tried SAVING the game (here) and earlier. When I load the SAVED GAME, it doesn't take me back to where I saved, but rather moves me on to the US turn! This is NOT GOOD.

Finally, that TF mentioned above, which should be TF14, I don't get to show up on the bottom of the screen in the row of TF's.
Post #: 1
RE: Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 1:00:18 AM   
Zorfwaddle

There is a lot of information on the screens. See the example images in the tutorial to get an idea where these toggles are located.

Regards,

"AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m****rf****r in the room. Accept no substitutes." Ordell Robbie - "Jackie Brown"

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 2
RE: Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 1:50:18 AM   
Rik81

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorfwaddle

There is a lot of information on the screens. See the example images in the tutorial to get an idea where these toggles are located.

Regards,

Yes, I know. And on an earlier TF type there was the deal about All TF's ... hex ... But not on anything I could get with the elusive TF14.

What about the SAVE GAME issue? Has anyone SAVED and RELOADED a game?

(in reply to Zorfwaddle)
Post #: 3
RE: Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 2:11:07 AM   
Zorfwaddle

Is that the part on page 31 of the Tutorial Manual? Also, Ill start a tutorial scenario and try to reproduce the save game thing you are talking about...

"AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m****rf****r in the room. Accept no substitutes." Ordell Robbie - "Jackie Brown"

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 4
RE: Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 2:11:55 AM   
Kadota

Before you load the saved game make sure you set the game type to Head to Head.

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 5
RE: Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 2:13:18 AM   
TheHellPatrol

The "Set to follow" does not work for me either, all i can do is put a destination, but if you don't nothing happens...sounds like a bug. It might just be the tutorial, as it's had it's issues. i've followed the IJN tutorial 4 times so far and, other than the known issues, that's the only "quirk" i've gotten.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 6
RE: Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 2:34:32 AM   
Zorfwaddle

Well, loaded the tutorial, tried a few things. Definetly make sure you set the game to head-to-head before loading a saved game, as Kadota suggested. Otherwise, I had no problems getting both Allied and Japanese TF's to follow other, previously created TF's. If you have a bunch of TF's in a hex, you will have to click the icon in the hex that represents multiple TF's. That will give you a list to select from.

Is your TF14 in a different starting hex than the force you want to have follow them? Didnt try that out.

Had no problems savings games then picking up from where I left off.

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 7
RE: Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 2:39:05 AM   
Rik81

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kadota

Before you load the saved game make sure you set the game type to Head to Head.

THANK YOU for that clue! Whew! (EDIT: Silly me to think that ALL of the condition would be SAVED in a SAVE GAME situation!)

As to the other issue "follow", the TF14 is in the same hex to start with. I think there is a "bug" with the FOLLOW. But for now I guess I can just be sure it has the same destination. Maybe I can finally get to the end of the Japanese 1st turn!

< Message edited by Rik81 -- 7/4/2004 12:40:18 AM >

(in reply to Kadota)
Post #: 8
RE: Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 4:23:16 AM   
Kadota

Glad I could help.

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 9
RE: Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 4:58:55 AM   
TheHellPatrol

Okay, to have a TF follow another one click the "follow" button and then on the ship/s icon/s on the the playing map. You will have a list of name/s of which you can choose from and Voila: The designated TF is following... You would think you'd be able to scroll to it with the follow arrow which would give you a list of Tf's but hey, it works

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to Kadota)
Post #: 10
RE: Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! - 7/4/2004 5:30:05 AM   
Nomad

I just went through the tutorial with no problem. I did have to use CRTL-J to get the jump box out of the way so I could click on the TF icons.

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Tutorial - Basic - TF14 nicht! Save game nicht! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI