Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Unit Stats

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> RE: New Unit Stats Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Unit Stats - 1/2/2005 2:14:46 AM   
JagdFlanker

allright, i think this is it. the only game concessions i made were for the Pz 38(t) (supposed to be atk 6),
the tiger still has it's +1 def, all the early soviet tank armour is 'exagerated', and i upped the T-60 to
make it worth producing. the T-70 is the biggest surprise - no number adjustments were made, and it's
the best deal in the game! even though it does go against common sense i do agree that the Panther
should be cheaper than the tiger so the prices for the Panther, Pz IVh/j, and KonigsTiger will be -1. (the
old prices are displayed)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Flanker Leader -- 1/1/2005 7:46:58 PM >

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 121
RE: New Unit Stats - 1/4/2005 5:35:07 PM   
Denniss

Looks good now.
But the Elefant has a little too much defense - there was no sloping at all and it lacked defensive MG and should be penalized by at least 3 points. Defense should be of Koenigstiger or one point below.
AFAIK side armor of Elefant was not very strong (6-8cm) and the Koenigstiger had more.

As I said ther must be a newer Panther in the game with a -1 in cost reduced. The Tiger was by far expensive to produce - AFAIK it cost up to 50% more than Panther. Use 8/10 for Tiger/Koenigstiger and 7/6 for Panther/Panther G.

The Panzer IVh/j has to be moved forward to 1/1943 to represent the upgunning of the late-series Panzer IVg with the 75L48 gun. Late Panzer IV were produced in huge numbers so production cost should be reduced to 4

StuG IIIg was produced in huge numbers so production cost is too high with 5 - should be 4

Hetzer defense and cost should be reduced by one point each - small tank easy to produce but only 6cm of sloped armor. At least cost should be reduced to 4.

< Message edited by Denniss -- 1/4/2005 4:38:05 PM >

(in reply to JagdFlanker)
Post #: 122
RE: New Unit Stats - 1/6/2005 3:20:35 PM   
JagdFlanker

ok, i redid the prices again. to make me feel better about the tiger it now has atk+1 and def+1 to give it
the 'heavy tank look'. i don't want to move up the StuG IIIg to give the IIIf a reasonable production
run. i did move the Pz IVh/j up to the same date as the Panther. i understand you want 2 different
panthers very, very badly (and i do have an empty slot) but i simply feel no need for it, and if germany
is still around in 1943 in this game it usually means they are likely in retreat anyways so they might as
well have the 'best' panther from the start. there is just no difference between them, and prices are not
based on historical cost, they are based on capability. i reduced the elefant def[-2], and germany may
now produce it. seperated the Fw 190A series from the Fw 190D9 since 25 weeks of the A8 is too little,
and it gives the player the option of [high mvr, low cannon] or [high cannon, low mvr] if they want to
simplify production. i cannot reduce the hetzer def[-1] because then it would be the same as a StuG IIIg
but i did reduce it's price along with the IIIg.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Flanker Leader -- 1/6/2005 8:25:07 AM >

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 123
RE: New Unit Stats - 1/6/2005 8:48:50 PM   
Denniss

Production cost :
Pz-IVf and IVg should have a 5 and H/j a 4 - to simulate high production efficiency later in the war. IVf production was not that high to give it a 3 (with this too many IVf are produceable.
The StuG IIIf was relatively fast upgunned and uparmored to the IIIf/8 with the longer gun and more armor. That's why I suggested moving the IIIg forwards. And real production in huge numbers started with IIIg not with earlier ones. 4-5-4 for the StuG's is OK. With Hetzer I thought -1 defense but only production cost of 3 (armor is too good compared with JPzIV). Hetzer's armor is comparable to StuG III - Hetzer is smaller but better sloped/better angle but StuG is thicker.
Why was production cost of Jagdtiger reduced ? Should be really expensive to produce .
What happened with the SU122 production cost ? 3 is at least one point too low.
Marder III attack rating is way too high - should not exceed 14.

Post #: 124
RE: New Unit Stats - 1/13/2005 12:25:59 AM   
JagdFlanker

i did re-change some of the prices again a few Days ago, but since i snagged a day off today i spent it making the L.40 47/32. of course, once i start ikon editing i just can't stop and i ended up redoing the one ikon that i never liked - the 88mm flak. i think i just turned it into my favorite ikon!!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Flanker Leader -- 1/12/2005 9:51:12 PM >

Post #: 125
RE: New Unit Stats - 1/13/2005 5:13:02 AM   
JagdFlanker

here's why i'd rather go for the extra Fw 190 ikon over the Li-2:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 126
RE: New Unit Stats - 1/23/2005 4:20:52 AM   
JagdFlanker

hey deniss! i tried to email ya a few days ago - may i assume you didn't get it? i'm 'done' but i was going to get you to 'refine' the factories for me. you up for it? no worries if you can't!

Post #: 127
Download - 2/18/2005 1:12:57 AM   
huhrlass

Dumb question, I noticed this flanker mod and what's the best way to download and install this mod? Any special instruction?

Thanks
Howard

Post #: 128
RE: Download - 2/18/2005 2:17:27 AM   
Silvanski

See the very first post in this thread... The download has everything in it...
quote:

ORIGINAL: huhrlass

Dumb question, I noticed this flanker mod and what's the best way to download and install this mod? Any special instruction?

Thanks
Howard

(in reply to huhrlass)
Post #: 129
RE: New Unit Stats - 5/21/2005 2:40:36 AM   
Huggy_Bear

Great mod. Running across a problem, though. It's late July '43 and the USAAF isn't attacking. I switched to the Russian side and can't bring up the USAAF window. Did you disable or change dates for allied strategic bombing?

Post #: 130
RE: New Unit Stats - 4/6/2006 9:18:10 AM   
Silvanski

A quick question on this mod to Flanker Leader.
Did you ever tackled the problem of the mixed up icons in the 42-43 and 44 campaigns?
Or are you brewing up something else?

The TOAW Redux Dude

(in reply to Huggy_Bear)
Post #: 131
RE: New Unit Stats - 4/6/2006 11:31:10 PM   
JagdFlanker

unfortunatly no - this is as far as i'm going to go with this mod. in a way i did address the mixed up ikons by doing the surface tweak, but i'd have to go back in this mod to change the units back to what they were originally!

out of curiosity did anyone else who tried my mod notice the no USAAF strategic bombing thing? (2 messages above) i used an MS excel program to edit the database but it seemed like some of the info slowly mutated as i did the mod so i'm not too surprised if this is a real problem!

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 132
RE: New Unit Stats - 4/6/2006 11:33:57 PM   
JagdFlanker

and as far for brewing up something else, i sort of have something i'd like to do - ugrade the stats for more accuracy and production costs to eliminate production house rules - but it seems very unlikely i will get to work on it anytime soon. too much other stuff on my plate!

Post #: 133
RE: New Unit Stats - 4/7/2006 9:10:22 AM   
Silvanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flanker Leader

unfortunatly no - this is as far as i'm going to go with this mod. in a way i did address the mixed up ikons by doing the surface tweak, but i'd have to go back in this mod to change the units back to what they were originally!

Just before coming to check the posts in the forum I copied your Surface Tweak icons in your Flanker Possum Mod 0.2 and when checking the 1943 scenario set-up I see it solves most of it... i.e. the Finnish Pz Bgd with Axis tanks originally showed a Hetzer, but with the ST it's now the correct R-35 icon.

quote:

out of curiosity did anyone else who tried my mod notice the no USAAF strategic bombing thing? (2 messages above) i used an MS excel program to edit the database but it seemed like some of the info slowly mutated as i did the mod so i'm not too surprised if this is a real problem!

I have a day off tomorrow and will check it out.

edited to add:
The USAAF bomber force is there

< Message edited by Silvanski -- 4/7/2006 11:09:03 PM >

The TOAW Redux Dude

Post #: 134
RE: New Unit Stats - 4/7/2006 9:11:14 AM   
Silvanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flanker Leader

and as far for brewing up something else, i sort of have something i'd like to do - ugrade the stats for more accuracy and production costs to eliminate production house rules - but it seems very unlikely i will get to work on it anytime soon. too much other stuff on my plate!

Same thing here

The TOAW Redux Dude

Post #: 135
RE: New Unit Stats - 4/8/2006 12:21:00 AM   
JagdFlanker

excellent! thanks for checking it out - much appreciated!

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 136
RE: Flanker Mod 6.22.41 - 6/20/2008 6:45:06 PM   
PaxMondo

Is this still available? The link ends up at a blank page.

Thanks.

Post #: 137
RE: Flanker Mod 6.22.41 - 6/22/2008 4:31:35 PM   
DrewBlack

Hi

Yes I was looking fo rthis as well   any ideas??

Drew

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 138
RE: Flanker Mod 6.22.41 - 6/23/2008 5:54:47 PM   
PaxMondo

I PM'd you.

(in reply to DrewBlack)
Post #: 139
RE: New Unit Stats - 6/23/2008 10:40:26 PM   
JagdFlanker

first time i checked matrix in 6 months!

if anybody ever wants my mods just PM me and i'l email it to you

Post #: 140
RE: New Unit Stats - 6/25/2008 5:15:08 PM   
PaxMondo

Thanks for the email. Really appreciate it mate!

Pax

Post #: 141
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> RE: New Unit Stats Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI