Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Gamers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> The Gamers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Gamers - 4/26/2004 5:32:28 AM   
tanker4145

One thing I'd love to see is some of The Gamer's stuff turned into PC games.

I love their Tactical Combat Series (TCS), but think they'd be pretty tough to port due to their command and control rules. These involved drawing the graphics out on copies of map overlays for each mission and units assigned. Then, each turn you could start rolling to see if they were implemented with various nations having different modifiers, plus modifiers for size of units involved, and amount of time that passed between making the op order sheet and trying to implement. Pure genius in my book. I'd love to see them though if anyone could do it.

I think their Operational Combat Series (OCS) is really doable though and would love to see it. My favorite is their Africa Corp and Tunisia ones (not sure what the Africa Corp one is called exactly, can't remember off the top of my head). They were great and I think wouldn't present too much of a problem to port over. I loved how supply played a very important part in the game as did experience/quality of each unit. By far my favorite Operational WWII games. I think they'd blow the Panzer Campaign series out of the water.

I've never played any of thier Civil War series, but did own one and read the rules and liked them.

Just my 2 cents. Wondering what everyone else thinks?
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> The Gamers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post