Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Drops as Reinforcements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Air Drops as Reinforcements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Drops as Reinforcements - 11/2/2001 6:14:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

Hi. Anyone knows how to make Air drops as reinforcements? All I can do is assign them to appear on turn 1. Tryed several things in order to make them appear later on a battle (turn 7 or something) but nothing seems to work. I saw in a scenario (Utah Beach) that this is possible but I don't know if this is a special configuration for a scenario or not. Additional question 1: What can we load on Cargo Gliders? Can we load Tanks? Is there any way to transport tanks to join the airborne troops? Additional question 2: Is it possible to reserve some of our troops to appear as reinforcements later on instead of just deploy them? Thanks all "Vini, vidi, vinci" - Iulius Cæsar

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans
Post #: 1
- 11/2/2001 6:47:00 PM   
sebagonzalez

In my Maleme scenario i had to make paratroopers come in turn 2, and for this u have to change (ETA) Estimated Time of Arrival, that is changed in the screen where u asign parachute drops in the terrain, is above and is a little small, its next to the switch that lets u choose from where on the map u want them to come and from where to leave. U must change ETA before asigning paradrops in the terrain, otherwhise the game will launch them on first turn. Stay in Touch. "God Damn, Holly Jesus" - Me when shooting a Maus with 20 T-34´s and not doing a scratch.

Mierda....y ahora...que corno hago?

(in reply to RichardTheFirst)
Post #: 2
- 11/2/2001 7:27:00 PM   
Warrior

1) To set the arrival time, first set your drop point, then cancel it. Now hit "T" on your keyboard. Choose the time you want them to show up, then reset you drop point. All other units listed after the first should now automatically show the new arrival turn. If you want part to come in on a different turn, just do the same "T" thing, and units in the list under that one will show the new turn. 2) I doubt you can load a tank on a glider, but I know you can load Jeeps and small guns. Experiment with it. (You can also check "Carry Cost/Carry Capacity" to get an idea.) 3) For regular troop to be reinforcements, you need to set reinforcement flags using the map editor, then choose a flag & turn for each unit. Another good way to have troops come on later is to use "Reaction" turns. In you HQ list you'll see the Reaction button at the bottom left, select the unit and set the turn. They won't move (AI willing) until that turn. Just make sure you don't deploy them in LOS of the enemy! [ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 3
- 11/2/2001 8:32:00 PM   
RichardTheFirst

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior:
1) To set the arrival time, first set your drop point, then cancel it. Now hit "T" on your keyboard. Choose the time you want them to show up, then reset you drop point. All other units listed after the first should now automatically show the new arrival turn. If you want part to come in on a different turn, just do the same "T" thing, and units in the list under that one will show the new turn. 2) I doubt you can load a tank on a glider, but I know you can load Jeeps and small guns. Experiment with it. (You can also check "Carry Cost/Carry Capacity" to get an idea.) 3) For regular troop to be reinforcements, you need to set reinforcement flags using the map editor, then choose a flag & turn for each unit. Another good way to have troops come on later is to use "Reaction" turns. In you HQ list you'll see the Reaction button at the bottom left, select the unit and set the turn. They won't move (AI willing) until that turn. Just make sure you don't deploy them in LOS of the enemy! [ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]
1) I tested it and works fine. 2) Made a lot of experiments with the americans. The only vehicle that I could load in a cargo glider was the small jeep that comes with an airborne company. Tryed also recon jeeps, tanks, halftracks, command cars, ammo trucks and even pack mules , all I get was the "too heavy" message referring allways to the vehicle. Apparently the airborne jeeps have a special thing that allows the program to recognize the vehicle as "bordable" by Gliders. 3) Apparently this only works if I use the Editor to set a scenario. No Reaction buttom at the HQ menu at the deploy for Random Battle. Also tried to make regular troops appear as reinforcement at the edge default reinforcement points and didn't work. Many Thanks. "Vini, vidi, vinci" - Iulius Cæsar

E Pluribus Unum

Join Steel Panthers Fans

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Air Drops as Reinforcements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI