From: Algés, Lisbon - Portugal
1) I tested it and works fine.
2) Made a lot of experiments with the americans. The only vehicle that I could load in a cargo glider was the small jeep that comes with an airborne company. Tryed also recon jeeps, tanks, halftracks, command cars, ammo trucks and even pack mules , all I get was the "too heavy" message referring allways to the vehicle. Apparently the airborne jeeps have a special thing that allows the program to recognize the vehicle as "bordable" by Gliders.
3) Apparently this only works if I use the Editor to set a scenario. No Reaction buttom at the HQ menu at the deploy for Random Battle. Also tried to make regular troops appear as reinforcement at the edge default reinforcement points and didn't work.
"Vini, vidi, vinci" - Iulius Cæsar
Originally posted by Warrior:
1) To set the arrival time, first set your drop point, then cancel it. Now hit "T" on your keyboard. Choose the time you want them to show up, then reset you drop point. All other units listed after the first should now automatically show the new arrival turn. If you want part to come in on a different turn, just do the same "T" thing, and units in the list under that one will show the new turn.
2) I doubt you can load a tank on a glider, but I know you can load Jeeps and small guns. Experiment with it. (You can also check "Carry Cost/Carry Capacity" to get an idea.)
3) For regular troop to be reinforcements, you need to set reinforcement flags using the map editor, then choose a flag & turn for each unit. Another good way to have troops come on later is to use "Reaction" turns. In you HQ list you'll see the Reaction button at the bottom left, select the unit and set the turn. They won't move (AI willing) until that turn. Just make sure you don't deploy them in LOS of the enemy!
[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]