Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Capital Ship Command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Capital Ship Command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Capital Ship Command - 4/9/2004 12:25:10 AM   
Cpt. Canuck

Score: 0
I have been playing the demo for a bit. I am just getting into the campaign (is there more than one?) but I have only been able to pilot a fighter.

I would like to COMMAND a destroyer or frigate. Ya, I want to command the big boys. The training missions only gave me taste. I want the meal. I have played freespace and independence day and other arcade games. I want a space sim doing capital ships engagements.

Any ideas?

Post #: 1
RE: Capital Ship Command - 4/9/2004 1:00:53 AM   
John DiCamillo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cpt. Canuck

I have been playing the demo for a bit. I am just getting into the campaign (is there more than one?) but I have only been able to pilot a fighter.

The demo campaign is only the first five days of the first campaign. The retail version has four campaigns lasting ten to fifteen simulated days, in addition to the training campaign, single missions, and multiplayer missions.

quote:

I would like to COMMAND a destroyer or frigate. Ya, I want to command the big boys. The training missions only gave me taste. I want the meal.

This is a demo. It is meant to be an appetizer to tempt your palate. The full version of the game is the meal... and the desert, cheese plate, and after dinner drinks as well.

In the meantime, you could try using the built-in mission editor to create your own starship engagements. Once you have achieved the rank of Lt. Commander, you will be able to command a destroyer squadron in the demo campaign.

(in reply to Cpt. Canuck)
Post #: 2
RE: Capital Ship Command - 4/14/2004 6:00:06 AM   
Psirat

quote:

ORIGINAL: John DiCamillo
This is a demo. It is meant to be an appetizer to tempt your palate. The full version of the game is the meal... and the desert, cheese plate, and after dinner drinks as well.

In the meantime, you could try using the built-in mission editor to create your own starship engagements. Once you have achieved the rank of Lt. Commander, you will be able to command a destroyer squadron in the demo campaign.

I just have to say, " and what a demo it is". Firstly, I was just searching the net for space combat demos as a diversion from my main games. I was definitely not expecting to stumble on to a new "main game". A very nice piece of work.
But the demo is VERY generous. It's more then a taste, it's an appetizer. There's enough here to keep me going till the final release (granted, I'm getting in late in the game). I can't believe that you included a fully functional mission editor . I can't think of another game that's done that. There's even support for unbundled MOD's (and 3D modeling tool as an extra download). I just hunted Cylons in a Colonial Viper; I've waited over 20 yrs to do that!
So, not to sound like too much of a suck up, thank you for such a fun, flexible and realistic space simulator. Harpoon meets BCM, but with an accessible interface. And thanks for such a meaty demo.
Now, excuse me. I have missions to create.

(in reply to John DiCamillo)
Post #: 3
RE: Capital Ship Command - 4/14/2004 1:00:16 PM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Psirat

Now, excuse me. I have missions to create.

OOOH! Put them on-line when you get them ready P L E A S E !

(in reply to Psirat)
Post #: 4
RE: Capital Ship Command - 4/14/2004 7:06:37 PM   
Psirat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
OOOH! Put them on-line when you get them ready P L E A S E !

Well, I'm just throwing together some different tactical situations, nothing too polished, but if your interested I'm sure I can get them to you.

(in reply to Kuokkanen)
Post #: 5
RE: Capital Ship Command - 4/14/2004 7:23:14 PM   
isferno

Why not post them here in the forum? Zip 'm up and upload as attachment on this forum.
There is a forum thread where I asked and posted a mission.

I'm busy too with a next custiom mp mission, but it's more difficult with Events added in it.
But it'll be better then my first tryout mission.

(in reply to Psirat)
Post #: 6
RE: Capital Ship Command - 4/20/2004 2:24:44 AM   
Isil`Zha

Actually, on another forum I'm gathering people and we're working on a linear campaign. So far I'm the only one actually making the missions, with others as playtesters, story ideas, and someone else that likes to do all the writing for the briefings and such. Actually, we may have a short story for a mission or set of missions too depending on how it goes. Also, now that we know how to do it, we're probably going to be adding voice overs to the game for our missions.

Right now only the first mission is done, but it can be found here. :) All missions and files relating to it will be uploaded there - updated files will replace old ones.

The basic gameplay mechanics of it are pretty much done anyway, in terms of what the mission involves. Still going to add voiceovers, then a "universe template" - which will be put in each mission. (things like bases, carriers, gates, and fleets that should always be in a certain area).

So if you guys want to add ideas or playtest, ect, I'm totally open to suggestions. :) The more ideas I can get, the better it'll be. (The second mission is already sort of planned)

(in reply to isferno)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Starshatter: The Gathering Storm >> Capital Ship Command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI