Changing Orders

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
warren_peace

Changing Orders

Post by warren_peace »

I was playing the Ulm Campaign as the Austrians. I retreated Mack and all his corps to Augsberg, had my Operations Center, retreat point and hospital at Munich. All my corps had their orders set to "Hold". After engaging the French, all of my corps now had "fallback" orders even though I never changed the setting. Why did this happen?

PS I won the game using this strategy. THe French just kept attacking and most of the time lost.
EricLarsen

Falling Back from Battle

Post by EricLarsen »

warren_peace,
Did some units of those corps get involved in battle? When elements of a corps get trashed in battle that can cause the corp HQ to want to fallback. Heck even if the corp wins it could want to fallback if it's elements suffered heavy casualties. If those corps did not have any elements involved in battle then the corp HQ's should not be changing their stance.
Eric

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”