Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Happiness and Something Strange

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Happiness and Something Strange Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Happiness and Something Strange - 4/1/2004 12:23:58 AM   
Death Method

Happiness: Finally, after literally YEARS of scouring game shelves and reading reviews, finding a game that works, is fun, and addictive. Not only does this game have incredible depth but also a good community to boot. You guys are the people I've been looking for years for. I have gone through every supposed 'wargame' out there...always looking for something of value, but always coming across shallow RTS's, alot of money has gone down the drain. I came across this game from purchasing EYSA:WF the other day and checking the forums and finding out that SP:WaW is FREE!! But have no doubt, i would of paid good money for this game in a shop even now, even considering its dated graphics and engine. Thankyou Matrix Games and all the people who put effort and time into this.

Something Strange: The fact that i don't care that SP:WaW doesn't have 3D rendered graphics and a huge poly count. The fact that i've dropped the gorgeous Battlefield Vietnam and been playin this till i get gamer eyes.

Side Note - I imagine intense gamers can recognize each other like stoners recognize each other (ie. red eyes)...even though i don't touch the junk, people always are asking me "are you stoned?"...lol. Just thought i'd share that.
Post #: 1
RE: Happiness and Something Strange - 4/1/2004 1:13:17 AM   
Wild Bill

Welcome Death Method. (Man, these names you guys pick!...Can you imagine applying for a job.."Last Name?"

"Method."

"Er, first name?"

"Death."

Well thank you Mr. Method. We'll be in touch.

For me my friend, I suffer the same. I just got Battlefield Vietnam and tried to play it. I'm partially color-blind to shades of brown, green and gray and I'm like a blind man in the boonies..Not a good thing!

But with my faithful SPWAW I can see, hear and fight.

Let me say your letter of appreciation is well received by all of us who have had a hand in the development of SPWAW over the last nearly...what is it, I guess six years!

I've been involved with all versions of Steel Panthers since 1994, over 10 years ago and to see it reach this point is my personal dream come true.

Enjoy!

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Death Method)
Post #: 2
RE: Happiness and Something Strange - 4/1/2004 1:21:32 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Applying for work hehe, that was always soooo fun after I left the army Bill hehe.

Some days I would get in a foul mood when filling out resumes hehe.

Last job....infantry

Job description....killing undesirables

Supervisor....Canadian government

Wage expected....better than sub par for once.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
RE: Happiness and Something Strange - 4/1/2004 1:35:21 AM   
Wild Bill

Only you, my friend...well maybe old M-4 might try that.

Mine is harassing telephone solicitors. I love it when I ask them for their phone number.

"Er, I can't give you that."

"Why? You have mine. Why can't I have yours?"

Or whispering in a low voice while they are giving their speel,

"Do you know what I am doing while I talk to you?"...or

"What are you wearing?...or,

" (Hard fast breathing)"...

I can usually get rid of 'em pretty quick that way

Oh, and no offense if any of you do that for a living. Just be careful when you call me

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 4
RE: Happiness and Something Strange - 4/1/2004 2:10:38 AM   
KG Erwin

Death Method, if you want, you can check in at the SPWaW Training Center and give us a brief introduction on the "New Members" thread. We all welcome you to our community. These guys are indeed a special breed. They are anxious to share their knowledge, and you can have the privilege of discussing SPWaW issues with the scenario designers, OOB team members, and just about anybody who has helped develop this game into what it is.
The trend towards gamers becoming proactive in game development is amply demonstrated here. Hope you will have some fun and get some insights into gameplay.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
RE: Happiness and Something Strange - 4/1/2004 2:21:44 AM   
KG Erwin

DM, you should also be aware that you may see this : This is the partying moderator alert. If you see this, then your friendly neighborhood moderator is having open bar night at KG's. Otherwise, KG's Bar is open 24/7, as this is an international community, and it's always five o'clock somewhere. I'm a musician, too, so our juke box has every song ever recorded.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 3/31/2004 7:26:31 PM >

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 6
RE: Happiness and Something Strange - 4/1/2004 3:08:31 AM   
Wild Bill

Well move over, KG, and let the old folks get in there!

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 7
RE: Happiness and Something Strange - 4/1/2004 4:41:29 AM   
John David

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild Bill

Welcome Death Method. (Man, these names you guys pick!...Can you imagine applying for a job.."Last Name?"

"Method."

"Er, first name?"

"Death."

Well thank you Mr. Method. We'll be in touch.

Wild Bill

ROTFL Bill! Awesome, I have tears rolling down my face and my sides are hurting from laughing so hard!

Er...uhmm Mr. Method,,,er Death,,,uhh whatever, welcome aboard and welcome to this amazing community! You seem to have a good sense of humor, a MUST in this lunatic asylum!!

Welcome to the greatest game in the world. Yes she's old and not as fancy as the young flashy games of today, but she is still the best and we all love her!! Prepare for allot of sleepless nights!!

BTW, the gentlemen who responded before me, Wild Bill, ya see he's real special to all of us here too! You see, the Colonel, er.. WB for short is responsible for the vast majority of the scenarios that have been created for this , our greatest game. You will see his name almost everytime you select a scenario to play in SPWAW.

He's also the man who, along with others, helped to create what is called the Mega Campaigns, that believe me, your gonna want to get!! There are 4 of them, and they either will be or are now available for purchase in a single package. Peruse the SPWAW site here and read up on the Mega Campaigns to learn more about them.

Have fun, ask as many questions as you want, and feel at home here!

JD

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Happiness and Something Strange Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI