Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where are these icon files??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where are these icon files?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where are these icon files?? - 11/5/2003 2:20:25 AM   
David boutwell

Can someone tell me where these two icons can be located?

1. The file that produces muzzle flash when a unit fires.

2. The crater files. Apparently there is more than one file with craters in it, because I did an UNSHP, MAKSHP, HDSHP edit of one, but the changes didn't show up in the game So, I'm thinking that I edited the wrong one.

The reason that I'm looking for these is because I want to reduce the size of the craters to more realistically reflect the crater that would be produced by the powder charge of Civil War field artillery ammunition for my SPCW mod.. In addition, I want to modify the muzzle flash to a line of smoke "puffs" for infantry weapons (unless it carries over to artillery, in which case it would not look right). I've already changed the "tracer" effect to what looks like a quick flash of grey heading down range. It looks VERY cool, even if you really couldn't see a volley of minie balls heading down range. It achieves the goal of showing who's firing at who with a nice look. The puffs of smoke would top it off nicely.

Regards,

David Boutwell
Post #: 1
- 11/5/2003 7:23:14 AM   
tracer

To the best of my knowledge craters are in icon0014.shp and smoke/flashes are in icon0015.shp; I'll check for other locations and let you know if I find any.

Jim NSB

(in reply to David boutwell)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where are these icon files?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI