Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help - 10/26/2003 9:41:39 AM   
bostonrpgmania

I purchased this game about a month ago with Korsun Pocket
I tried to learn this game by tutorial but that was difficult.

I have read what desk top general (PC GAMER) has to say about this game: Even for him it took several hours to finish tutorial!

I went to gameranknings.com and one of the review said that it took two days for him just to finish tutorial...

Then...
Is this game good for casual gamers like myself?
I was playing tutorial burned that house 'by chance' and i cant follow the tutorial's next step...

In short word, please HELP!
how can I like this game? (I really like to learn since I dont like to put my 30$ away for nothing)

Is this game just for hard core who followed the series when it was a shareware? What would be the best way to learn this game?

PS) Tutorial for KOrsun Pocket was good enough to hook me (I am new to that genre as well)
Post #: 1
- 10/26/2003 10:48:05 AM   
Sleeping_Dragon

[QUOTE=bostonrpgmania]I went to gameranknings.com and one of the review said that it took two days for him just to finish tutorial... Then... Is this game good for casual gamers like myself? I was playing tutorial burned that house 'by chance' and i cant follow the tutorial's next step...[/QUOTE]Actually this is a great game for casual gamers as once you learn what's going on a random battle takes less then an hour (depends on team size also). What your probably having trouble with is the 'turn' system (as well as the reviewers).... there's nothing else I know of on the market that is vaugly similiar, so it can be a 'shock' to newer players when they figure out that the turn system isn't like the turn systems in other TBS. Best help I can give you is to read through the sticky in this fourm about the turn system (TOS: WS Turn System QUICK GUIDE ) and that should start to clear things up for you (as well as speed them up).

Power does not corrupt; It merely attracts the corruptable.

AKA: Bblue

(in reply to bostonrpgmania)
Post #: 2
RE: Help - 3/3/2004 7:47:18 PM   
aku_djinn

I have to agree. I have played the tuorial twice and this game is not user friendly. The controls are not logical. I want to get into this but it's work. I was hoping the PC game wasn't as bogged down by these kinds of rules. I'm working on it.

(in reply to bostonrpgmania)
Post #: 3
RE: Help - 3/3/2004 8:28:09 PM   
Gukal

Whatever else can be said about the controls - they are logical. There are attack actions and movement actions and each type of actions are on timers. Thats it. There is a handy guide in this forum for further detail.

Now the nuances can take a long time to incorporate well.

Personally, I recommend starting with single mech battles with little terrain - then build up complexity.

(in reply to aku_djinn)
Post #: 4
RE: Help - 3/4/2004 12:38:50 AM   
william19k

One safe way to practice is to try a hotseat battle and just pick one titan for each side. I allways just go with a default random titan. Make sure that both teams are set to be run by a human opponent, that way you are basically fighting against yourself and you have time to sit and try different things.

This is also a cheap some would say cheating way to build up your squads. Pick your squad as one team and a random squad as the other team. Make sure both teams are run by Human opponents not AI, then you control both sides and get free target practice basically. This is pretty much cheesy and most would call it cheating, but I did it alot at first to get the hang of different terrains and weapons before starting a legit squad and playing single player campaigns.

William19k

(in reply to Gukal)
Post #: 5
RE: Help - 3/4/2004 2:07:47 AM   
Xcorps

To be honest, the controls are very user friendly once you get used to them. The "turn" system isn't very INTUITIVE at first, but it's just ...different.

Play with one titan on a small random map, using a very high level pilot. Change the map features to 0 percent for all terrain features. For the enemy, a solo titan with a MEDIUM skill rank, and don't worry about trying to win. It doesn't take that long to figure out once you realize that this game is a lot more involved than pointing and clicking. This a really in depth game. Read back through the old posts and you'll catch on.

If you like war games, this is a great one, trust me. I used to play SPWAW every day, but TOS bumped it. In fact TOS bumped just about every other game I play.

(in reply to william19k)
Post #: 6
RE: Help - 3/7/2004 1:24:22 PM   
Peter Why

I really would suggest that, if you're having troubles with the game play, that you play an internet game with a more experienced player. Especially when it's you and him/her against the AI, you can get a lot of advice during the game. You do need msn or icq, though.

(in reply to Xcorps)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI