Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/18/2003 3:11:54 AM   
David boutwell

Although I haven't yet been able to successfully upload any more SPCW screen shots, I did, in the interim learn how to edit the MECH.EXE file! What does that mean? It means that all of those 20th-Century anacronisms, and the text for those terrains whose icons can better be used for other things are going to go bye-bye. For example, vineyard now reads "corn", all references to "vehicles" now read "wagon", bocage reads "hedge", and hedge reads "fence" (because the icons for hedges and fences have taken the place of those two terrain features), US Marines reads "CS Army", the dates for the editor are now 1850-1869 (it remains to be seen whether or not I can change those dates in the MECH file. If I can't, the editor dates will, unfortunately have to go back.) I hope, I hope I can fix that! This was a MAJOR step in my efforts to create a mod. that, although it can never totally visually get away from its SPWAW roots, looks like an original Civil war game in every way that can possibly be modified within the limits of my capabilities.

This looks very cool. The problem is that I see it so often that I now take for granted all of the major changes that have been doone to this game. Several weeks ago, I would have fainted if I saw Confederate and Union troops slugging it out in the Miller "CORN" field, as opposed to the Miller "VINEYARD". Now, that's old news. So, if you like Civil War, you'd better get a defibrulator before you play this for the first time!

Regtards,

David Boutwell

(in reply to David boutwell)
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI