Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Warfare

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Air Warfare Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Warfare - 10/22/2021 6:28:40 AM   
Octavian

Since most of us know, that the air supremacy of the Allies was a decisive factor in this offensive, I wonder if that will be mirrored in the game correctly, given the known "reluctancy" of VR Design to simulate that aspect of warfare in previous titles (cf. shadow empires). I also have a bias towards ground warfare, but an historic approach to the Ardennes offensive without the very important factor, that the axis was absolutely dependent on bad weather that put the superior air units of the allies to the ground - and vice versa being doomed to failure as soon as the sky cleared up - would be more than a little bit disappointing.
The other concern I have is an earlier remark of Vic, saying that he wasn´t satisfied about the AI capablility in the big campaign (probably because of the new features, like line of sight, etc.). Let´s hope these concerns have been ruled out in the last couple of months.
Other than that I am really looking forward and waiting for this title, that will hopefully appear in late November as stated.
Post #: 1
RE: Air Warfare - 10/23/2021 12:07:30 PM   
fluidwill matrix

I found the Air system in Blitzkrieg and Case Blue (haven't played Barbarossa) to be perfectly acceptable, even quite elegant?

(in reply to Octavian)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Warfare - 10/23/2021 3:45:53 PM   
Octavian

Well, I agree to some extent, BUT: in these two historical settings air warfare wasn´t such a single decisive factor as in the Ardennes Offensive.
And air warfare is handled here quite different than in FWTP or CB, since it will be exclusively with action cards.
So, I still feel, there could be a huge gameplay difference between how important the air situation was historically and how it is represented in the game with only a matter of action cards. I might be completely wrong assuming that and I would be very happy, if so, since I really look forward to this title for half a year now.

(in reply to fluidwill matrix)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Air Warfare Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI