Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship Upgrades

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Ship Upgrades Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship Upgrades - 10/13/2021 1:56:08 PM   
WEXF

Does anyone know if having 29 naval support in a port that is level 2 is enough to allow the upgrade of a DD that normally would require a level 3 port? If 29 is not enough does anyone know how much naval support would be needed? No SY is needed for the upgrade I am referring to.
WEXF
Post #: 1
RE: Ship Upgrades - 10/13/2021 6:17:15 PM   
BBfanboy

AFAIK naval support does not help with upgrades.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to WEXF)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship Upgrades - 10/14/2021 6:04:12 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: WEXF

Does anyone know if having 29 naval support in a port that is level 2 is enough to allow the upgrade of a DD that normally would require a level 3 port? If 29 is not enough does anyone know how much naval support would be needed? No SY is needed for the upgrade I am referring to.
WEXF

Insufficient data to answer definitively.

You might need to have a minimum of 115 Naval support. It really depends on what exactly is to be upgraded and which of the other elements which modify the basic undamaged port are present.

Alfred

(in reply to WEXF)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship Upgrades - 10/14/2021 1:11:32 PM   
WEXF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

WEXF

You might need to have a minimum of 115 Naval support. It really depends on what exactly is to be upgraded and which of the other elements which modify the basic undamaged port are present.

Alfred

The upgrade is to a Gridley class DD and is adding 20mm AA that brings the AA value of the ship from 130>147. The upgrade is also adding both SCAS and SGSS radar. The amount of supply in the undamaged port is 28 times the required support needed for the port (over 7000). There are no tenders or auxiliary ships in the port.
WEXF

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
RE: Ship Upgrades - 10/14/2021 1:54:43 PM   
Alfred

Undamaged port size 2 plus 42 Naval Support will upgrade the Gridley of 1550 tons.

Alfred

(in reply to WEXF)
Post #: 5
RE: Ship Upgrades - 10/14/2021 2:32:54 PM   
WEXF

Great to know for future reference. Thanks Alfred. It will make more sense for me to move the DD to another larger port where the upgrade can be completed as it would take time and effort to add the additional naval support at the level 2 port.
WEXF

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 6
RE: Ship Upgrades - 10/14/2021 3:24:51 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

WEXF

Alfred

So NS does help with upgrades. Never tried it and never heard other players advocate for it so I thought it must not be a factor - wrong again!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: Ship Upgrades - 10/14/2021 5:32:58 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

WEXF

Alfred

So NS does help with upgrades. Never tried it and never heard other players advocate for it so I thought it must not be a factor - wrong again!

See my post #14 in this mid 2011 thread.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2824948&mpage=1&key=ship%2Cupgrade?

Since then, in 2020, Don Bowen has publicly provided further details on ship upgrades where a shipyard is not a requirement. Without that additional public information I would not have disclosed the naval support quantum.

Alfred

< Message edited by Alfred -- 10/14/2021 5:33:32 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 8
RE: Ship Upgrades - 10/14/2021 6:22:32 PM   
RangerJoe

Thank you Alfred.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Ship Upgrades Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI