Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Is Romanian/Axis Minor national morale slightly too low?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Is Romanian/Axis Minor national morale slightly too low? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Is Romanian/Axis Minor national morale slightly too... - 10/22/2021 1:00:25 PM   
Zovs

You know it might just be possible that the combat routines are working correctly and what everyone has been used too since release is wrong. Prior to this patch the combat routines were done at much short range and produced much less losses. Perhaps by the adjustment of the longer ranges for engagements the results are more closer to actual combat losses.

There still may be some tinkering to do, but I think there is a bit too much 'alarm' at the losses so far in this patch.

That is just my personal observations.

Basing some of this off my tactical experiences with both ASL and Steel Panthers. Even in 1941 the Germans while not having the better guns (37mm and not a lot of 50mm early on) were still able to inflict massive losses on the Soviets. From what I have seen and experienced so far, this is a step in the right direction and the German Panzers are more potent in 1941-42.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 61
RE: Is Romanian/Axis Minor national morale slightly too... - 10/22/2021 2:08:37 PM   
carlkay58

I would just like to point out that we are talking about a single Rumanian infantry division with no support being attacked by three Soviet Rifle divisions with support. Yes the Soviets won and they should have. If you do the reverse and have three supported Rumanian infantry divisions attack a single Soviet Rifle division wihout support I would expect (from my experience) the same result in the other direction.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 62
RE: Is Romanian/Axis Minor national morale slightly too... - 10/22/2021 6:09:56 PM   
Nix77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

You know it might just be possible that the combat routines are working correctly and what everyone has been used too since release is wrong. Prior to this patch the combat routines were done at much short range and produced much less losses. Perhaps by the adjustment of the longer ranges for engagements the results are more closer to actual combat losses.

There still may be some tinkering to do, but I think there is a bit too much 'alarm' at the losses so far in this patch.

That is just my personal observations.

Basing some of this off my tactical experiences with both ASL and Steel Panthers. Even in 1941 the Germans while not having the better guns (37mm and not a lot of 50mm early on) were still able to inflict massive losses on the Soviets. From what I have seen and experienced so far, this is a step in the right direction and the German Panzers are more potent in 1941-42.

I agree the combat routine might have been working wrong previously, I just think the fixes have tipped the balance too much in favor of long range encounters. See my screenshots, the loss results on manpower and AFVs are completely off balance, Soviets have 5% manpower losses and almost 100% AFV losses in this battle, and these are quite common results.

I know there's no reason to panic and declare the combat completely broken or anything like that, I'm just tinkling my tiny personal alarm bell here ;)

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 63
RE: Is Romanian/Axis Minor national morale slightly too... - 10/22/2021 6:19:08 PM   
RedJohn

quote:

ORIGINAL: carlkay58

I would just like to point out that we are talking about a single Rumanian infantry division with no support being attacked by three Soviet Rifle divisions with support. Yes the Soviets won and they should have. If you do the reverse and have three supported Rumanian infantry divisions attack a single Soviet Rifle division wihout support I would expect (from my experience) the same result in the other direction.

I wouldn't, unless said Romanians had full CPP. They are uniquely terrible.

Especially across the dnepr or any other major river.

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 64
RE: Is Romanian/Axis Minor national morale slightly too... - 10/22/2021 6:26:38 PM   
AlbertN

I agree - even isolated infantry Russians can rout away Romanian regiments left to secure pockets!
But I already voiced previously my opinion on the NM, the Devs said they consider the topic concluded.

Since it is a matter of opinion, and not a matter of objective parameters - one can argue til the end of the days.

Objective parameters are 'How far this gun shoots, what's its caliber, what's the muzzle, etcetera'.
Subjective parameters is 'How good is the personnel working said gun'.

(in reply to RedJohn)
Post #: 65
RE: Is Romanian/Axis Minor national morale slightly too... - 10/22/2021 10:45:52 PM   
MechFO

The Rumanians simply disintegrating in 41 doesn't look right, especially against a non armour force. In 42 they seem to suffer a lot from the gun shortages due to the low production rates.

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Is Romanian/Axis Minor national morale slightly too low? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI