Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1939 Game Balance

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: 1939 Game Balance Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1939 Game Balance - 10/17/2021 6:34:46 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Sugar,

Thanks and I'd honestly say it is not a case that we don't want to hear alternative options/suggestions, it is just sometimes impossible to satisfy all issues/concerns, and all players generally speaking with any of the adjustments and fixes we've put into place.

For example, while we feel the current supply rules helped to address 2 major issues players had concerns about, e.g. Axis having too good supply deep into the USSR, as well as North Afrika being overrun with air units at high supply, it is not wrong at the same time, what you and others are feeling, that this has now possibly introduced a higher learning curve hurdle for new players to overcome.

Sure there might have been other approaches to have considered to address these two issues, but at least on our end the issues have seemed to have gone away and players seem to be happy with the changes and the overall balance for the most part.

If down the road we can also then keep these solutions in place while having supply a bit easier to understand, that would be good as well.

Hubert

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 31
RE: 1939 Game Balance - 10/17/2021 8:56:11 PM   
Elessar2

The only remaining issue is player choice for HQ chaining. Maybe have a button for HQs to allow them to "redo" supply once per turn per HQ once the link has been explicitly made? But yeah then the newbs don't know about that feature and are further hamstrung...

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 32
RE: 1939 Game Balance - 10/19/2021 8:26:36 PM   
Tmanusa

I would recommend getting rid of the SU level 3 infantry upgrade or make it not available until late 44 or early 45.

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 33
RE: 1939 Game Balance - 10/19/2021 10:27:38 PM   
Zeckke

i always in mid 1942. thinking on a another last level infantry (3); to the japan only, because for germans and british if they get level 3 its a must that you need in the game another last level for thanks, level 3 infantry for germans and british is not good, only for japans i think.

level 3 of germans at 1944 its giving the victory to the germans, there are about 25 German divisions

money thats what they must cost a lot if level 3 for example 150 points (dont know exactly) to upgrade level 3.

think that it is in the game level 3 for many many units: by, researching levels of aircraft ground combat

the game is balanced very well, so if you want to change the research area, (great) more upgrades but it has to cost high money what you have already done in the game, so if possible anther extra-level for infantry because you have level 2 at 1942 and of course 4 more years for the infantry

the supply is one of the best thing of the game, its a question of how many HQs do you get, so again the game now is A+ so if you want another +. dont touch anything, just the money, to get what is not now in the game just get money and maybe you can get the new levels

and what is need to get more money (PPS)? only the developers know how to do it

so more PPs (money) it might not a good idea to get that, level 3 (also at ships) but its the best balance.

(in reply to Tmanusa)
Post #: 34
RE: 1939 Game Balance - 11/7/2021 5:06:36 PM   
akinesia

I also found the shortage of Garrisons very limiting for the Axis. The work around I have used which makes the game feel much better to me is to allow Germany to build 6 Inf Brigades and 6 Inf Divisions. gave the Italiens 3 of each and really seems to make a differnece in being able to guard the west while also defending against Partisans in the East.

The Anti air unit is not very good as built I have increased the intercept range to 2 and it makes a huge difference. It may even make them a little to good.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 35
RE: 1939 Game Balance - 11/7/2021 7:38:38 PM   
Duedman

What I really dislike is that the Allies can bombard Cuxhaven to completely cancel the Norway trade route. Thats just way too powerful and also not realistic.
It should simply be re-routed

(in reply to akinesia)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: 1939 Game Balance Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI