Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

France status at wars end.

 
View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> France status at wars end. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
France status at wars end. - 10/8/2021 1:37:30 PM   
wobbleguts

 

Posts: 358
Joined: 5/31/2020
Status: offline
Hi,

Playing as the UK and have won the war again. Hooray for me!

Bit confused about how France ends up. I liberated northern France and conquered vichy. Was expecting either that France re-united as one country (historical) or vichy would be allied occupied (game result). However, France is now 2 separate free countries both 100% allied. This happened in my last UK game as well.

Here is a screen shot of the issue. In this game I conquered Spain/Switzerland/Germany/Italy etc. When I click on those nations it says 'allied occupied'. Vichy France is colored just like these other countries, but it is not occupied.




As you can, northern France is a different colour (ie liberated). But conquered vichy is the same colour as the other conquered countries around it, but is not occupied. All the vichy territories I took in Africa are occupied. Why not vichy itself?



Attachment (1)

< Message edited by wobbleguts -- 10/8/2021 1:55:03 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/8/2021 2:47:40 PM   
Hubert Cater

 

Posts: 5109
Joined: 7/22/2013
Status: offline
I believe in this case it is because Vichy joined the Axis in your game and thus it is conquered in the end. If it had joined the Allies then if I remember correctly, it would rejoin France proper once France is liberated.

_____________________________


(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 2
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/8/2021 6:38:47 PM   
Zeckke

 

Posts: 72
Joined: 8/6/2021
Status: offline
right, it will appear a message to rejoin Vichy into France it always shown

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/8/2021 8:31:50 PM   
Mithrilotter

 

Posts: 209
Joined: 2/18/2016
Status: offline
I asked Bill about the mechanics of Vichy rejoining France. He said that once France has been liberated, providing there are no Axis units within 4 hexes of Paris, there is a 75% chance per turn of Vichy France moving 15-25% towards the Allies.

However,since Vichy became a German minor ally, I don't know if Vichy can eventually move back to Allied activation. Even if it can, it may take so long to move from 100% Axis to 100% Allied that the game could easily end first.

(in reply to Zeckke)
Post #: 4
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/10/2021 10:39:10 AM   
wobbleguts

 

Posts: 358
Joined: 5/31/2020
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

I believe in this case it is because Vichy joined the Axis in your game and thus it is conquered in the end. If it had joined the Allies then if I remember correctly, it would rejoin France proper once France is liberated.


Agreed. Vichy joined the axis because I invaded (and then conquered it). That's probably why it has not re-united with France.

But why is it described as '100% allied' when all the other axis and neutral powers I conquered are 'occupied'. It's a very minor issue but a little confusing. Italy for example is 'occupied' because I took it before the Germans went in. I did the same in Vichy but it is 100% allied.


(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/10/2021 10:45:02 AM   
Zeckke

 

Posts: 72
Joined: 8/6/2021
Status: offline
it will rejoin does not matter if were conquered by axis always rejoin

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 6
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/10/2021 10:47:11 AM   
wobbleguts

 

Posts: 358
Joined: 5/31/2020
Status: offline
quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeckke

it will rejoin does not matter if were conquered by axis always rejoin


No it doesn't and it wasn't taken by the axis. Please read the thread again before replying.

< Message edited by wobbleguts -- 10/10/2021 10:52:44 AM >

(in reply to Zeckke)
Post #: 7
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/10/2021 10:54:23 AM   
Zeckke

 

Posts: 72
Joined: 8/6/2021
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: wobbleguts

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeckke

it will rejoin does not matter if were conquered by axis always rejoin


No it doesn't and it wasn't taken by the axis. Please read the thread again before replying.


look you dont even know how to play this game thats firts

second it will rejoin if you know how to play

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 8
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/10/2021 10:59:52 AM   
wobbleguts

 

Posts: 358
Joined: 5/31/2020
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeckke


quote:

ORIGINAL: wobbleguts

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeckke

it will rejoin does not matter if were conquered by axis always rejoin


No it doesn't and it wasn't taken by the axis. Please read the thread again before replying.


look you dont even know how to play this game thats firts

second it will rejoin if you know how to play


I see. Understood.

(in reply to Zeckke)
Post #: 9
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/10/2021 11:02:00 AM   
Zeckke

 

Posts: 72
Joined: 8/6/2021
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: wobbleguts


quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeckke


quote:

ORIGINAL: wobbleguts

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeckke

it will rejoin does not matter if were conquered by axis always rejoin


No it doesn't and it wasn't taken by the axis. Please read the thread again before replying.


look you dont even know how to play this game thats firts

second it will rejoin if you know how to play


I see. Understood.


look i dont read nobody only bill

to you if you conquer Vichy as ally or as axis it does not matter and you then LIBERATE France always will appear the message to rejoin

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 10
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/10/2021 11:40:20 AM   
wobbleguts

 

Posts: 358
Joined: 5/31/2020
Status: offline

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zeckke

look i dont read nobody only bill

to you if you conquer Vichy as ally or as axis it does not matter and you then LIBERATE France always will appear the message to rejoin


Got it. Thanks for your help.

(in reply to Zeckke)
Post #: 11
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/10/2021 4:44:04 PM   
LoneRunner

 

Posts: 182
Joined: 8/16/2020
Status: offline
In a current MP game, USA units took Vichy and Vichy France joined the Allies. Vichy didn't rejoin France which had been liberated a few turns earlier. German units are still within 4 hexes of Paris so the 75% chance of Vichy rejoining France hasn't kicked in.

However, it's cool because I can build Vichy units using USA MPPs. Also, I can upgrade Vichy units to USA tech levels as I build them. The USA is swimming in MPPs and France is MPP poor, so actually I'd rather they didn't recombine for a while.

< Message edited by LoneRunner -- 10/10/2021 4:45:13 PM >

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 12
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/10/2021 11:00:13 PM   
Mithrilotter

 

Posts: 209
Joined: 2/18/2016
Status: offline
It's not a 75% per turn chance of Vichy rejoining France per turn. It is a 75% chance per turn of Vichy France moving 15-25% diplomatically towards the Allies.

This may mean than Vichy could have to move from 100% Axis to 100% Allied. That is a diplomatic move of 200% towards the Allies. At a 75% chance per turn of Vichy France moving 15-25% diplomatically towards the Allies. If one gets the lucky 75% chance per turn, times the average of a 20% move towards the Allies, that would take 10 turns. Considering that the base chance for a diplomatic move is only 75%, this is likely to take 13 turns or more to accomplish. That is why I said that it is unlikely to happen before the game ends.

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 13
RE: France status at wars end. - 10/11/2021 5:03:37 PM   
LoneRunner

 

Posts: 182
Joined: 8/16/2020
Status: offline
quote:

ORIGINAL: Mithrilotter

It's not a 75% per turn chance of Vichy rejoining France per turn. It is a 75% chance per turn of Vichy France moving 15-25% diplomatically towards the Allies.

This may mean than Vichy could have to move from 100% Axis to 100% Allied. That is a diplomatic move of 200% towards the Allies. At a 75% chance per turn of Vichy France moving 15-25% diplomatically towards the Allies. If one gets the lucky 75% chance per turn, times the average of a 20% move towards the Allies, that would take 10 turns. Considering that the base chance for a diplomatic move is only 75%, this is likely to take 13 turns or more to accomplish. That is why I said that it is unlikely to happen before the game ends.


This hasn't been my experience. In my current MP game I was given the option to allow Vichy to join France proper the turn after German units were forced away from Paris.

Vichy joined the Allies when USA units captured Vichy so they definitely weren't 100% Axis when I captured Paris several turns later. I was actually building Vichy units. My guess is that Vichy was already 100% Allied but they needed just one 75% boost to get the option of joining France.

< Message edited by LoneRunner -- 10/11/2021 5:05:10 PM >

(in reply to Mithrilotter)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> France status at wars end. Page: [1]
Jump to:





New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts


Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI

0.249