Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How can a country be at 100% Mobilization-yet not actually be at war with anyone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> How can a country be at 100% Mobilization-yet not actually be at war with anyone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How can a country be at 100% Mobilization-yet not actua... - 10/3/2021 12:35:11 AM   
Elessar2

Score: 0
This came up in my most recent build of WitP. In past games Australia had declared war at the end of Japan's 1st turn. This time Japan's own DoW's on other countries raised Australia's Mobilization % up to 100, but I saw no DoW message at the end of the 1st Japanese turn like I did for several other countries both minors and majors. I of course am now using the Italian major slot for Australia. It's no biggie since Australia can indeed declare on any Allied turn, just wondering why 100% doesn't equate to an automatic DoW. Should I click the Belligerent button in the editor? Should a Mobilization 3 script be crafted?

[If this technically belongs in the War Room subforum and not here I apologize]

And while I am on the subject, how do I select flags for the countries, both minor and major? Right now Australia has the Italian flag, and Thailand and Indonesia both have blank rectangles where their flags should be.

< Message edited by Elessar2 -- 10/3/2021 12:39:23 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How can a country be at 100% Mobilization-yet not a... - 10/4/2021 8:59:39 AM   
BillRunacre

Score: 2
Ticking the Belligerent box, or using a Belligerence script to make them at war with Japan will do the trick.

It isn't automatic so that countries like the USSR and Japan can both be active in the war without necessarily fighting each other.

As to the flags, did you change the country ids used in the campaign from the default?

If so there are two options:
1) change them back
2) edit the flag files that can be found in the Interface and Bitmaps folders

If the latter, make sure to copy the files you are going to edit and place them in the same folders within your modded campaign's folder (you may need to create these sub-folders).

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 2
RE: How can a country be at 100% Mobilization-yet not a... - 10/4/2021 5:20:19 PM   
Elessar2

Score: 0
Roger on the Belligerence scripts.

I wouldn't have switched them in the first place, except that I could see no way for Australia to be turned into a major, from the default slot it was originally in.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> How can a country be at 100% Mobilization-yet not actually be at war with anyone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI