Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

need a disclaimer on this game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> need a disclaimer on this game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
need a disclaimer on this game - 9/29/2021 9:17:13 PM   
pkpowers

Can not install it as is ; sure its cheap, but 10 bucks tossed away , tried to find this "special installer helper" , where in the heck is it? I can not find it, some one in EiA involved please help ; ps, I I'm not going to install in safe mode ; please help or give me 10 dollar credit please

Needs disclaimer, "Will not run normally"
Post #: 1
RE: need a disclaimer on this game - 9/29/2021 10:58:30 PM   
ObeseMonkey

I brought the game yesterday and it installed fine. Don’t believe I installed in safe mode.I installed the game, and then the two patches and finally the latest patch/hotfix. I am running it in compatibility and as administrator. Had no issues at all. What exactly is your issue? Ive never even heard of a installer helper?

< Message edited by ObeseMonkey -- 9/29/2021 10:59:16 PM >

(in reply to pkpowers)
Post #: 2
RE: need a disclaimer on this game - 9/29/2021 11:50:14 PM   
pkpowers

In tech support forum above there are multiple instances of EiA install troubles such as I have ; It appears to install, then gets stuck seeking files, and the screen freezes ; Tech support forum help mentions a helper install program , dont know where this is. Have tried install every way normally , also using admin priv and compatiability changes multiple times and combinations ; all other matrix games work on my pc , and I own damn near all of them ; this one needs special help

(in reply to ObeseMonkey)
Post #: 3
RE: need a disclaimer on this game - 9/30/2021 12:54:35 AM   
pkpowers

bit the bullet, put pc in safe mode, got game to install, sorry, no big deal

(in reply to pkpowers)
Post #: 4
RE: need a disclaimer on this game - 9/30/2021 1:55:56 AM   
pzgndr

From the Release Notes:
quote:

We strongly recommend the following clean installation process:
1. Save any game save files and other custom files.
2. Uninstall EIANW and REBOOT to clear system memory.
3. Install initial EIANW game files and open game to verify original buttons, fonts, etc.
4. Due to significant game data file changes around v1.06, REBOOT before applying comprehensive patch.
5. Install comprehensive patch and set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 2 [See Note].
6. Open game to verify updated buttons, fonts, etc. REBOOT if necessary.
7. As needed, install updated .EXE HOTFIX files or other updated files as directed.
NOTE: The game code compiler [CodeGear C++Builder 2007] is only compatible up to Windows XP Service Pack 2. Setting game compatibility to any later operating system such as Vista/Win7/8/10 may introduce stability issues when running the game.

Yes, this is a pain and it needs special help. Matrix Games recognizes this is a pain and is expediting a remaster of the game installer based on the v1.23.08 update. Once that is done, players will be able to download the new installer from their My Files page and make a single clean installation. In the meantime, the above process has in fact worked for me and others and the game is playable. If you have other issues with files not installing then you may need to re-download your initial installer and patch files and try again. This isn't rocket science. But a little bit of gray matter and patience helps. Keep trying.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to pkpowers)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> need a disclaimer on this game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI