Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Power cosumption

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Power cosumption Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Power cosumption - 9/26/2021 10:32:20 AM   
Hasleak

I was wondering if civilians should use power from regime's pool based on civilization level and population in region. It would be used to provide small bonus to happiness or/and QoL. My thinking is that with higher civ level people will use more electric items like radios/tvs (especially when territory has active asset associacted with broadcasting).
What do you think about it?
Post #: 1
RE: Power cosumption - 9/26/2021 6:29:08 PM   
zgrssd

As it works right now? Absolutely against it. Power Storage is too limited. You often run out of storage to cover the demand. And on TL3 start, you do not start with any generation tech.

One fix I suggested is to have each consumer also provide storage. With that? I would say it should be toggleable if they can use it for private purposes. And they should maybe get a private power solar panel network.

(in reply to Hasleak)
Post #: 2
RE: Power cosumption - 9/27/2021 1:43:00 PM   
Hasleak

I can agree about it being toggleable, just like sending food during private shortages, but I don't think creation of power is any obstacle for starting regime. Consumtion based on pops will be increased based on civilization score in region but regime usually don't have civilization score that high during early game. Player/AI will have time to research more advanced power creation assets usually before it is needed, especially that creating any assets contributing to civilization level is usually consuming some power.
I also agree about private sector being able to create their own power assets based on available resources (or lack of).

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Power cosumption - 9/27/2021 4:44:55 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

Consumtion based on pops will be increased based on civilization score in region but regime usually don't have civilization score that high during early game.

Low consumption if you have no ability to produce the stuff or store enough would still be a huge issue.

(in reply to Hasleak)
Post #: 4
RE: Power cosumption - 9/27/2021 5:09:24 PM   
Hasleak

Yes, it would be a huge issue, if it would be the only option. Since it would be toggleable, you could just turn it off when your production is too low. Am I wrong?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Power cosumption - 9/27/2021 6:48:35 PM   
Elver

This idea suggests there should be private power generation assets, and rather than your regime directly providing power to civilians, there would be a "power to zone" [in case of private power shortfalls] toggle in zone orders like there currently is a "food to zone" toggle.

It also suggests that you should be able to sell excess power production as long as the market will bear it.

< Message edited by Elver -- 9/27/2021 8:59:57 PM >

(in reply to Hasleak)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Power cosumption Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI