Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/17/2021 8:53:13 PM   
metaphore

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

This is what you are fighting against to get the most aircraft destroyed on the first turn. I will let everyone fill out the parameters of the "Bell Curve" & yes you will have outliers. But there is a theoretical limit to how many aircraft you can destroy(peak Soviet plane destruction) & knowing the rough estimate at the top is a good way of judging that. The next parameter is how many aircraft & pilots the Germans lose in the process. I believe I know that top of the bell curve so I go for close to peak Soviet plane destruction and the least amount of aircraft and pilots lost for the Germans on the Bell Curve which in my opinion the true test of how efficient your bombing is.

So our math wizards can put the numbers in since I have not done math since my "Master" classes in college.

The definitive limit is the number of Soviet aircraft in range of German bombers :)

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 151
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/18/2021 7:50:02 AM   
metaphore

I've run a test this morning, refining a few ADs, and I overshoot 4,000 airframes destroyed.

Losses were kept under 100 but a lot of Ju 88 lost to Flak and ops losses. It doesn't feel right to me compared to He 111 losses (both this test and previous one) while there is roughly 3 Ju 88 for 2 He 111 on the map (15 groups vs 10). So maybe something weird is going on here as those Junkers were better bombers than older Heinkel.

I've kept the total number of sorties arround 2,000 and was aiming for 2 kills per sortie; I finally got 2.07.

At this point, It's probably still possible to refine those ADs and achieve better results:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to metaphore)
Post #: 152
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/18/2021 8:14:42 AM   
speedyglides

Maybe it is possible to reduce flak losses micromanaging routes to AD areas and single hex missions so they don't fly over the highest enemy AA value hexes. I used to do that when I used tons of single hex missions in T1. Will try this evening to check results.

(in reply to metaphore)
Post #: 153
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/18/2021 8:27:44 AM   
metaphore

quote:

ORIGINAL: speedyglides

Maybe it is possible to reduce flak losses micromanaging routes to AD areas and single hex missions so they don't fly over the highest enemy AA value hexes. I used to do that when I used tons of single hex missions in T1. Will try this evening to check results.

Yes you are right concerning AA losses as this could be a factor. Another one is flight altitude.

But disregarding AA losses only and considering that Ju 88 and He 111 on map ratio is 3/2, that ADs settings for both are the same but that loss rate is 5/1 (52 Junkers for 9 Heinkel), it's telling me that something funky could have been coded about those planes.

(in reply to speedyglides)
Post #: 154
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/18/2021 8:48:53 AM   
metaphore

There is also some funky coding concerning the way aircraft/groups/AOG are auto-allocated to missions by the engine: some are flown to the end of their lives (100% travel) while others close by are just waiting doing nothing (0%) and some pilots are totally overused (1 flew up to 38 missions in one day!) compared to others.

< Message edited by metaphore -- 10/18/2021 10:37:13 AM >

(in reply to metaphore)
Post #: 155
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/18/2021 5:21:54 PM   
Zovs

@metaphore, do you still recommend this: StG 1, 2 & 77 were not used and set to REST on turn 1 ?

Also, do you send all Me 100's to reserve as per HYLA ?

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to metaphore)
Post #: 156
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/18/2021 6:16:07 PM   
metaphore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

@metaphore, do you still recommend this: StG 1, 2 & 77 were not used and set to REST on turn 1 ?

Also, do you send all Me 100's to reserve as per HYLA ?

Nope, I've used all 7 stukas groups for my late ADs and none of the Bf 110 Groups (ZG 26 and SKG 210). There is one Bf 110 loss logged but it seems related to Stuka gruppe stabs which I forgot to set on "Rest".

Previously, I was simply implementing jubjub's ADs and he did the opposite.

< Message edited by metaphore -- 10/18/2021 6:21:25 PM >

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 157
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/18/2021 7:31:51 PM   
Jango32

Was there any reason for moving the Romanian Combat Air Command from Luftflotte 4 to the Romanian HQ? Same with the Hungarian commands.

< Message edited by Jango32 -- 10/18/2021 7:36:28 PM >

(in reply to metaphore)
Post #: 158
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/18/2021 8:36:52 PM   
metaphore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jango32

Was there any reason for moving the Romanian Combat Air Command from Luftflotte 4 to the Romanian HQ? Same with the Hungarian commands.

Beside the fact that jubjub's ADs were built like that, nope!
Just take it like an exercice for building your own ADs and your question is proving that you have passed this stage.

There is only 9 German ADs set for Luftflotte 4 out of 32 possible. Unless one want to build 27+ -like I did myself in my late version-, Hungarians and Rumanians groups could have all been left subordinated to LF4 instead of regrouping them under their own national air commands.

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 159
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/19/2021 12:44:33 AM   
AlbertN

Mostly - is it really felt the difference in Air Skill of the various HQs?

(in reply to metaphore)
Post #: 160
RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips - 10/19/2021 2:27:53 AM   
metaphore

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlbertN
Mostly - is it really felt the difference in Air Skill of the various HQs?

Not that I can tell from such missions results. It would probably be felt in time though.

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 161
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> RE: Luftwaffe vs VVS - GC41 - First Turn Bombing Tips Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI