Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/24/2021 4:25:14 PM   
jubjub

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlbertN

Nothing will be done concerning Admin Points?
Soviets can just do leadership laundry in no time for all I can see, changing 2-4 leaders a turn on need presently with their fat slice of 25 AP a turn. (That including upping to Assault 2 Fronts on T1 and T2, without new leaders there).

This should be helped somewhat in '41 with the assault HQ capacity changes. It will be less efficient to replace leaders in the assault HQ's.

quote:

Second, now that the 1.01.09 version has been made official, we expect a 1.01.10 version to go out next week with the last of the in-game scaling. It will be the version after that that will contain the AHQ and disband/to TB changes. I can't say how soon that next update will be released, but it should be within weeks, not months. That version is likely to contain some tweaks to ground combat as well.

1.01.10 won't have the air base fix right? I want to wait to start new games until that fix is out.

< Message edited by jubjub -- 9/24/2021 4:27:32 PM >

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 31
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/24/2021 4:44:10 PM   
MarkShot

Joel,

Whether you establish the rules/consistency via hard coding or data files is fine with me. I just want to know that all content I buy from Matrix is consistent; especially the scenarios (non-campaign). For the moment that is all I have time and skill for. The '41 campaign is something I want to start when the game is nailed down. (I would hate seeing a cool fix/feature released and having to chose between it and throwing away months of my life to restart.)

Thank you for listening to all of us.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 32
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/24/2021 6:24:48 PM   
GibsonPete

I appreciate Pavel's idea on AHQ and my poor eyes look forward to the scaling patch.

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 33
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/25/2021 12:40:20 AM   
Joel Billings

If by airbase fix, you mean the captured airbases having higher starting experience, it will be fixed in the version after 1.01.10.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 34
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/25/2021 1:03:02 PM   
jlbhung

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

News on a few items. First, yesterday Pavel who is working on the editor now proposed putting the AHQ rules (max number of AHQs and command point multiplier) into the scenario data. That will allow us to alter individual scenario files in the future to limit the number of AHQs in small scenarios. It will also allow players to use the editor to change the rules if they want to.

Thank you very much for allowing the flexibility to change the Assault HQ rules by Editor. The extra effort is much appreciated.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 35
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/25/2021 2:42:39 PM   
thedoctorking

They also have a bunch of SU to build. I tend to do one army commander a turn and 10-15 SU.

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 36
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/26/2021 1:47:51 AM   
Yogol

quote:

AHQ bonuses are not given out to units that are in overloaded or out of command range units (as per the rules), it's important that you not overload AHQs

quote:

Limits on maximum number of Assault HQs are now:
Date Axis Soviet
1941 4 2
1942 3 2
1943 3 3
1944 2 4
1945 2 4

My 2 cents?

This is a big, big nerf for the Germans in the Grand Campaign because you will get a whooping 33% less troops under AHQ that can gain extra fighting power by resting a turn or two. 33%!

This will make the Axis grand campaign even harder to do.

I wonder if you gather meta-statistics on players: which campaigns they play and after how many turns they give up.

Because I bet a pretty penny that most players play the grand campaign as Axis and stop as soon as they see that they didn't make enough advances to win (and realise that the Russians can magically teleport all over the battlefield and attack them anywhere they want once they counterattack, making a mockery of the front-lines).

I think quite a lot of us don't even play the grand campaign long enough to see the effect of the Russian AHQ nerf.

Nerving the AHQ Germans in such a huge way, isn't going to help that core-problem.

< Message edited by Yogol -- 9/26/2021 1:48:42 AM >

Post #: 37
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/26/2021 3:32:24 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

This is my turn 11 that I currently have on Air Phase. I am trying to advance on well rested Soviets that retreat 4ish hexes a turn. When I advance the Soviets play whack-a-mole on my PZ's with well supplied Armor/Mech divisions then retreats behind the just retreated infantry of 4 hexes. Added to this is the heavy Soviet GA which even further reduces the MP's and inflicts heavy losses. Then rinse and repeat turn after turn and you have PZ divisions down into the 40 TOE along with any other unfortunate brigade of regiment.(I have some brigades and regiments devastated down into the 20's in TOE for Rumania. The Rumanians just disintegrate under any form of attack with super high casulaties) Soviets are well organized, even probably after the coming patch. I may be able to take Kursk and Kharkov but supply is killing me. (I will be showing my full supply situation in my AAR)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Yogol)
Post #: 38
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/26/2021 3:35:16 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Northern section

In the north the front row Soviet infantry is showing on predictive attack of Soviet units 11-15 with super high defense. My supply in front of Moscow is better but I have to rest a few turns to be able to break the Soviet line which I am sure is 3-4 hexes deep since I have yet to recon the area. Just breaking those Soviets down to take any type of meaningful losses inflicted will take multiple turns and that won't happen with rain coming next turn :( From my previous attacks the units here are all well led with awesome supply.

****NOTE I am not using Super Depots

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by HardLuckYetAgain -- 9/26/2021 3:44:11 AM >

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 39
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/26/2021 4:18:41 AM   
AlbertN

I've to say that you are very close to Moscow, HYLA.
But by reading your AAR you have a level of mastery of the game that requires time and effort to be built there. And your common and average player won't pour time and investment in a game to get to that level unless maybe it's a game that leads to E-Sports (not the case of Strategy Games turn based).

In general I agree with Yogol that the situation won't really change for the Germans since they get also less push.
The Soviets may not get the extra command limit but Germans lose 2 Assault HQs and extra command capacity.

Pratically the situation will remain unchanged in terms of how many Assault troops are in '41 benefitting of extra CCPs.

Post #: 40
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/26/2021 7:22:34 AM   
metaphore

quote:

That said, here are the new rules:

o The command point multipliers for HQs in Assault HQs are now:
Date Axis Army Axis Corps // Soviet Front Soviet Army&Corps
1941 1.34 1.17 // no bonus no bonus
1942 1.34 1.17 // 1.10 1.10
1943 1.34 1.17 // 1.34 1.25
1944 1.34 1.17 // 1.67 1.34
1945 1.34 1.17 // 1.67 1.34

o Limits on maximum number of Assault HQs are now:
Date Axis Soviet
1941 4 2
1942 3 2
1943 3 3
1944 2 4
1945 2 4

Why did we make these changes? Basically we bought into the idea that the Soviet army was not in a position to use larger formations very early, and it was only as time went on they were able to successfully employ much larger fronts. Note, in late 42 the Western Front was massively overloaded. That didn't go so well for the Soviets. We also agreed that the German AHQs didn't need as much of a Command Point boost as we had given them. We still wanted them to be able to form AHQ's as large as Guderian's without penalty. We also agreed that the max number of AHQs could stand to be reduced some.

Hi Joel,

I'm (just a little bit) disapointed that you guys didn't think about adjusting the Command Range (in Hex) of Corps/Army HQs to reflect the difference between the highly centralized Soviet Command Chain and the German decentralized one, particularly in their mobile Forces. It's also a bit odd that a German Infantry Korps would have/need the same Command Range than a Motorized Korps when the later could really use (in game) a few more hexes to control its subordinate during an exploitation post breaktrough.

The Soviet Assault Army or Tank-Mech Army could also have a different range, etc.
Just a though passing by :)

Post #: 41
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/26/2021 8:14:15 AM   
MarkShot

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

What are those?

Thanks.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

Post #: 42
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/26/2021 8:22:53 AM   
metaphore

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarkShot

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

What are those?

Thanks.

Depot + FBD unit (rail) having not moved this turn. You can add a couple of high level HQs on top in order to increase their handling capacity and this will suck a lot of freight (filling up in few turns).

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 43
RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version - 9/26/2021 8:29:02 AM   
MarkShot

I knew about that but did not know it had a community name. I thought maybe I missed some important mod.

Thanks.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to metaphore)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> RE: Assault HQ rules coming in a future version Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI