Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

USA Mobilisation Penalty

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> War Room >> USA Mobilisation Penalty Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
USA Mobilisation Penalty - 9/21/2021 4:11:33 PM   
petedalby

In a current game my Allied opponent built 6 US submarines which took up positions around the Philippines whilst the US was neutral thus making my attack quite challenging.

I don't mind the tactic but there appeared to be no discernible mobilisation penalty for sending the subs out of US waters. Shouldn't there be? Where are all the outraged isolationists in Congress?
Post #: 1
RE: USA Mobilisation Penalty - 9/21/2021 9:27:56 PM   
LoneRunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: petedalby

In a current game my Allied opponent built 6 US submarines which took up positions around the Philippines whilst the US was neutral thus making my attack quite challenging.

I don't mind the tactic but there appeared to be no discernible mobilisation penalty for sending the subs out of US waters. Shouldn't there be? Where are all the outraged isolationists in Congress?

Hey Pete,
Here's a quote from the Strategy Guide (page 13)

The US are best advised to avoid sending any units outside the zone off the east coast, how -
ever, they will only be penalized off the west coast of the USA if they have 3 or more naval units
within 30 hexes of Midway

So, no penalty unless the subs were within 30 hexes of Midway.

I've tried the six sub strategy. It's an enjoyable surprise attack on the Japanese, especially when three subs are placed around Pearl. But overall I found the effort drained too many resources from the USA's response to Germany. You will probably see a delay in the second front. Also, I found that even level 2 subs weren't all that good when attacking an experienced/upgraded Japanese navy.

< Message edited by LoneRunner -- 9/21/2021 11:23:45 PM >

(in reply to petedalby)
Post #: 2
RE: USA Mobilisation Penalty - 9/22/2021 7:50:28 AM   
petedalby

Thanks Bill. That explains it. Yes - it was quite a surprise but the Germans are quite pleased about it. Time will tell....

(in reply to LoneRunner)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> War Room >> USA Mobilisation Penalty Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI