From: Haymarket, Virginia, USA
Civil War fans,
Just a little taste.....
Here is the new Main menu screen for Steel Panthers Civil War mod.. Lots of progress has been made on this mod over the last few months, including:
1. All new menu and editor screens
2. All new sound files (more than I have units for at this moment). The fife and drum music that accompanies the menu screens is awesome, and the Main menu screen music is a secret, but all are welcome to guess what it is.
3. Lots of LBM files (more than I have use for at this moment)
4. Many of the shp icons have been redone (have post and rail fences, rock walls with wooden support frames, new orchards, new boulder icons, new crops, new trees, new cobble streets and brick sidewalks, and new building icons that are more characteristic of 18th and 19th-century architecture, and new weapon and troop icons-much work to be done on these, though)
5. Initial OOB work started (enough to have some very fun battles!!). Suggestions on units that should be included are welcome.
Let's see what else.... I think that's about the whole game! You'll recognize the Steel Panthers "skeletal structure", but everything that could be changed, down to the menu screen buttons, has been changed to "Civil War". I don't have a time table for when this project will be completed, but when it is, you'll be notified right here.