Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

China 37 victory?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> China 37 victory? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
China 37 victory? - 9/14/2021 8:19:02 PM   
generalfdog

In the China 37 game there is no victory point recorder, does anyone know how you win or lose it?
Post #: 1
RE: China 37 victory? - 9/14/2021 10:29:17 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Oooooh I see. The warpanel is disabled. I will fix that

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to generalfdog)
Post #: 2
RE: China 37 victory? - 9/14/2021 10:29:36 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Basically if you do better than historical with either side.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 3
RE: China 37 victory? - 9/16/2021 2:11:42 AM   
marty01

I just bought the game. I never played WarPlan Europe but I have been enjoying WarPlan Pacific for the last two days.

I've only been playing the 1937 scenario as Japan and haven't the foggiest idea how to win. After playing a few dry runs of the first 8 or 10 turns to get the hang of the system, I then played the 1937 scenario to its end twice. The first time I had all but the furthest west 4-Victor locations/Citys at the end of the scenario. The second time through I had all but 3 Victory Cities at the end of the scenario. I even got the Chinese Communists to surrender in the 2nd game. But I still lost. It was something like 351pts to 150pts or some such thing in the second game.

I've been searching the internet for an instructional on how Victory pts are tallied but have had no luck. Any suggestions?

Post #: 4
RE: China 37 victory? - 9/17/2021 1:20:53 AM   
marty01

Played the 1937 Scenario again as Japan. The scenario description for victory just says "do better than the historical results. I had all the settings for Japan and China set to historical. I did much much better than the historical Japanese. I'd attach a screen shot of the map on the last turn -- but I don't think this forum has a way to attach images. Only Chungking and Chengtu remained uncaptured. Communist CHina Surrendered again.
What is left of the Chinese Army was mostly completed encircled between Chagsha and Foochow. However, the end screen indicates China has won a Decisive Victory with almost double the pts as Japan. Perplexing. Were the victory conditions for this scenario play tested?

< Message edited by marty01 -- 9/17/2021 1:22:11 AM >

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 5
RE: China 37 victory? - 9/17/2021 3:56:46 PM   
AlvaroSousa

I'm pretty sure I did but I wonder if I put the numbers inverted. I will check it. Thanks.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 6
RE: China 37 victory? - 9/18/2021 7:04:45 PM   
marty01

Ok thanks.

Fifth time playing all the way through the 1937-39 scenario. Played Japan again. The final score was 215 Japan to 209 China. I still don't understand the point system and why the end result was so close in points given the situation on the map.

The Communists surrendered in March of 1939. But I ended up having to capture every City on the map to include Kunming to get the Nationalists to surrender. After capping ChunKing the Chinese Nationalist Capitol moved to Kunming. Which was both an interesting twist and disconcerting at the same time. It added several more nailing biting turns to the game that I wasn't expecting. After capturing it on Aug 2 1939 the Nationalist Chinese finally surrendered.

Post #: 7
RE: China 37 victory? - 9/19/2021 12:14:33 AM   
YueJin

The scoring system is very simple, every victory hex is worth 1vp so if you hold 5 hexes you get 5vp per turn. The final map position doesn't matter unless the main belligerents have surrendered which only occurs once all production and morale cities are taken. All that matters is how long you held more VP cities than your opponent. In the China '37 scenario that means taking Canton and Shanghai immediately and Xi'an very quickly then capturing some of Lanzhou, Changsha, Kunming to edge ahead of the Chinese.

Of course if you're against the AI, you can trap 80% of the Chinese army against the coast and destroy them making the rest of the scenario a cakewalk.

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 8
RE: China 37 victory? - 9/19/2021 1:46:14 AM   
marty01

quote:

ORIGINAL: YueJin
every victory hex is worth 1vp so if you hold 5 hexes you get 5vp per turn.

quote:

The scoring system is very simple, every victory hex is worth 1vp so if you hold 5 hexes you get 5vp per turn.

Ok -- that makes sense. Thnx

(in reply to YueJin)
Post #: 9
RE: China 37 victory? - 9/28/2021 12:57:56 AM   
marty01

Just another FYI regarding the China 1937 Scenario. I just finished playing through the scenario as the Chinese. I noticed the production cost for a Chinese Infantry "Small Corps" and a Chinese Cavalry Corps are identical. Both are set at 120. Not sure if this was the intent -- but thought I would post it as an FYI.

Conversely the Japanese production cost for an Infantry Division is 60 and Japanese Cavalry Division is 120.

(in reply to marty01)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> China 37 victory? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI