.810 , lots of fixes, some new features. I am hoping this is the last major version before the first nonbeta release.
1. New unit, Destroyer Escorts, replacing Motor Torpedo Boats. Cost 90 MPPs, production delay 4 months, sub attack & defense 1.5 and 4.5 (vs. fleet destroyers which are 1 & 4), otherwise zero Naval Attack ratings, 0.5 on defense. They like other warships help contribute to overlapping naval zones of control, note.
2. Subs' default diving % now 40% (was 20%), their Radar evasion % per level now 20% (was 10%: the game engine only uses this vs. aircraft).
3. Various unit tweaks:
a. The UK now is allowed to build Dreadnoughts (the Lions), 5 Naval Attack, 5.5 Naval Defense, speed 21. Regular UK BBs have a NA of 4.5 (was 5), speed 19. Their "Fast Battleships" remain the original battlecruisers, as do the Japanese's, with the default stats (275 MPP, 4 NA & ND). US Fast Battleship costs now 350.
4. Map changes:
* Added 2nd inland road into Burma from Thailand, 4 new cities/towns, changed the Thai/Indochina border to be more historically accurate.
* Mille + port got properly flipped to Japanese control, as did the two ports off of Shanghai.
* 2 new towns in W China/N Indochina.
* Indian Ocean Christmas Island made operational, Pacific counterpart renamed to its original moniker Kiritimati (still nonoperational).
* Cold Bay Alaska made a base as well
* Extra port near San Diego
* Addressed a "feature" where if a port isn't attached to a land hexside it won't give proper supply to any land units stationed in another direction (~8 instances). Supply still works correctly if the "land" in the port hex is a self-contained island or island chain or is directly attached to the land installation. [Ports cannot be placed on a 100% sea hex] Note you need to run a road from the port to the installation to get the supply bonus (to 5).
* Fixed Vancouver Island to allow the Canadian Navy to sail out (both to the N & S of it).
* Streamlined the road network in China, tweaked a few rail lines, filled in some gaps (had broken rail lines carried over from WitP AE, but in SC rails are often used for Operational Movement over a longer period of time than the typical 1 day turns in AE).
* Added a New Guinea-Australia convoy line.
5. Industrial Modifier & Tech changes: reduced India's Industrial Modifier from 80 to 60. Increased starting Australian IM from 50 to 60, decreased UK's from 35 to 30. USSR starting Mobilization now 10%. [was 20%] Max Australia-India Lend Lease now 100% (it can't be greater than base income, which for the Aussies is now 50 if they have all of their starting holdings). Australia Ind Tech cost now 50 (was 40). Japanese starting Production Tech lowered to L1 (from L2).
6. Swapped around some Chinese units, added a corps and division in the west, moved some US ships in Philippines southwards. For India deleted the starting Indian Special Forces, added a garrison. US/Japan/UK/Australia also get an extra garrison. The US gets 2 subs in the queue, Japan 1 on the map 1 in the queue, UK & USSR 1 on the map. A US tank corps spawn on Samoa was turned back on (giving quick aid to Australia in case they are invaded early). Added a US Maritime Bomber on Palmyra. Added a UK Fighter in their home islands.
7. Some build limit tweaks here and there (Chinese corps down to 20, adjusted for the Fast Battleship & Destroyer Escort units by deleting some regular BB & DD builds & adding in FB & DE ones, UK ship builds increased a bit). New Zealand gets Fighter, Medium Bomber, & Maritime Bomber builds.
8. Yamato cancellation morale penalty increased to -6000 from -5000 (which is ~-5%).
9. Surface ship naval spotting ranges increased a bit (IJN 3, all others 2).
10. Deleted the vanilla extra actions/attacks that the Warfare techs give their associated units (in Vanilla there is only one level, not the 4 I am using; the units in question already have the extra attacks at level 0).
11. Added an Australian Belligerence script when the UK declares war (since they are now their own major-otherwise the Allied player has to declare for them on the Japanese), along with a New Zealand Mobilization 3 one to match. New Zealand & New Guinea are now Australian minors.
12. Fixed the vanilla Himalayan Hump dummy scripts which gave +60 MMP not the +30 the Decision Event (correctly) indicates; added Burma Road & Persia Lend Lease dummy scripts to properly deduct the MPPs from the US's income.
13. Increased engineer-built fortification's maximum entrenchment back to 4 (got changed to 3 somehow).
14. Artillery reduced in cost from 200 to 150.
15. Tech costs revamped across the board: 4 cost regimes outside of the individualized Industrial Tech ones: 150/125/110/90, from 5 to 7 each. This is to minimize the ability of the opponent to infer what techs the other side bought by looking at the tech graphs.
16. Ship retreat distances increased by +1 for everything except subs and transports/amphibs. Mech & Armor units also given +1 to their retreats.
17. US HQ MacArthur spawns in Sydney.
18. Partisan supply events now have an effect radius of 3, partisan spawns 2. [+1 each]
19. Commonwealth nations all share tech with each other, also w/ US, US & India share with China. USSR shares with China.
20. Kamikazies now get +1 spotting per level of Long-Range Tech.
21. Flying Tigers Fighter unit added to Chinese queue Dec. '41, +1 experience.
22. Far East Russian Navy given a CA/DD/DE/Sub in/near Vladivostok. Added a Mobilization 2 script which will drop USSR mobilization if they sail any of their navy into Japanese-held waters past the indicated red line on the map.
23. Changed/added some militia spawns (these typically only go off if at least one enemy unit approaches within X hexes), documented them in a separate file.
24. Mobilization tech given another level, but at a cost of 150 and a maximum of one chit.
25. Mechanized Corps ground attacks dropped down to 4.0 from 4.5.
26. Gave Japanese land-based fighters +1 range across the board. [These tweaks, also for Tac & Medium Bombers, is because giving the Japanese Long Range Tech L3 to start may prove too unbalancing in certain situations]
27. Made retreat percentages more consistent: The various Infantry Divisions all 15%/8%/4% for Town/City/Fortress, All Corps/SF/Paras 10%/4%/2%, Cavalry/Recon 12/6/3.
28. Tac Bomber/Med Bomber Ground Attack tech vs. other planes reduced to +0.5 per level. [was +1.0] Cruisers' Sub Attack tech per level reduced to +0.5 [was +1.0]. Fleet Carrier Sub Attack per level of Naval Weapons increased from zero to +0.5 per level.