Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

(Resolved) Submarine Missions Starting Game in Scenario Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> (Resolved) Submarine Missions Starting Game in Scenario Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
(Resolved) Submarine Missions Starting Game in Scenario... - 9/5/2021 1:24:26 PM   
BeirutDude

OK this is a tough one to describe but has bit me a few times...

1. In the Scenario Editor
2. When a SUBMARINE is assigned to a mission (say Sea Control)
3. IF the EMCON is set to Radar Active
4. And the Evasion is set to Evade on ESM detection
5. Then the popup comes up telling you the submarine will dive or won't come to periscope depth... (or whatever that pop up says)
6. AND the scenario starts running!

This can really mess you up as a designer!!!!! I thought, for a while, I was somehow accidently starting the scenario but the last time it happened I am sure my curser was now where near the start button and the scenario started.

I have suggested this a few times, but as a failsafe in the Scenario Editor, when a scenario is "Started" I really suggest a popup that ask if that is what you really want to do? Then if you click on it the scenario starts. That can save a lot of lost time!

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 9/8/2021 11:10:04 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: Submarine Missions Starting Game in Scenario Editor - 9/5/2021 9:13:47 PM   
KnightHawk75

I couldn't reproduce this in the editor (the 'and' scenario starting running part).

1. Inserted sub.
2. Set sub to ESM detection diving. Brought it to 66ft, turned on EMCON active for radar.
3. Created sea control patrol that had a different detection-dive doctrine.
4. Assigned sub to said sea control patrol - got the doctrine difference warning popup.
5. Game did not start, and VP_Scenario.HasStarted shows as false.

Were your steps different in some way?

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: Submarine Missions Starting Game in Scenario Editor - 9/7/2021 10:33:28 PM   
BeirutDude

Sandbox Scenario Attached
1. Note the scenario has not been started
2. Load the Chinese Song into the Sea Control mission.
3. When the POPUP window comes up close it using "Close and Resume" (remember the game is paused).
4. Now the scenario should have started.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding "Close and Resume" I thought it took the last status the game had, which in this case id paused.

IN ANY CASE. I still think in the Scenario Editor there should be a failsafe that asks the player/designer if they really want the scenario to start to prevent accidental starts.

Attachment (1)

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 3
RE: Submarine Missions Starting Game in Scenario Editor - 9/8/2021 1:06:09 AM   
thewood1

Close and Resume has always meant start the clock.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 4
RE: Submarine Missions Starting Game in Scenario Editor - 9/8/2021 11:09:37 PM   
BeirutDude

My bad, didn't realize that.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> (Resolved) Submarine Missions Starting Game in Scenario Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI