From: Jacksonville, FL, USA
OK this is a tough one to describe but has bit me a few times...
1. In the Scenario Editor
2. When a SUBMARINE is assigned to a mission (say Sea Control)
3. IF the EMCON is set to Radar Active
4. And the Evasion is set to Evade on ESM detection
5. Then the popup comes up telling you the submarine will dive or won't come to periscope depth... (or whatever that pop up says)
6. AND the scenario starts running!
This can really mess you up as a designer!!!!! I thought, for a while, I was somehow accidently starting the scenario but the last time it happened I am sure my curser was now where near the start button and the scenario started.
I have suggested this a few times, but as a failsafe in the Scenario Editor, when a scenario is "Started" I really suggest a popup that ask if that is what you really want to do? Then if you click on it the scenario starts. That can save a lot of lost time!
< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 9/8/2021 11:10:04 PM >
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985
I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!