Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ideas For winning German Army Composition/Format

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Ideas For winning German Army Composition/Format Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ideas For winning German Army Composition/Format - 9/4/2021 5:37:41 PM   
guctony

I would like to ask a what if question for interested parties.

Lets assume German High command Regardless of Hitler Realized in September 1941 that The East Front would become a meat grinder and step up for a prolonged war of attrition rather than fast paced mobile warfare. (highly Unlikely)

Do you consider such an understanding would change their force compositions, I mean Army Layouts, line of defense, division formats, armor Production, going in to full war economy early on, etc..

Do you think such understanding would result in less of a need for wonder weapons Like Tiger or panther. Would they lean towards PZ IV and Stug's. More Panzer Brigades then Panzer divisions. Or Giving up from Panthers would speed up the downfall.

Do you think having giving up the idea of Operational Breakthroughs and enveloping More Soviet Armies and manpower. Would they come up with Strategies that could create same amount of looses to Soviets. ( like the battles of first Kharkov).

Or would you rather say that German Army buildup and upgrades were virtually the best that can be done to achieve the same goals but the mismanaged Leadership is the root cause.

As an example Lets say Germans created Festung Infantry Divisions. Made Stugs integral part of the Infantry Divisions early on than developing New tanks in 1942-43. Or increasing the Artillery component and stress out defensive warfare and force conservation. Lets assume They bring out more 88 Flak guns over the front rather Than anti-aircraft use and radically shift Fighter plane production over Bomber production early on to compensate.

I really like to hear some ideas in the boundary of what was historically possible.

< Message edited by guctony -- 9/4/2021 5:39:00 PM >

"Unless a nation's life faces peril, war is murder."
"Sovereignty is not given, it is taken."
"After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."
Mustafa Kemal
Post #: 1
RE: Ideas For winning German Army Composition/Format - 9/4/2021 5:41:13 PM   
guctony

I would be equally Delighted if you can direct me to such readings, articles, books, etc.

Mustafa Kemal

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 2
RE: Ideas For winning German Army Composition/Format - 9/4/2021 5:55:12 PM   
malyhin1517

In September 1941, after the destruction of the Southwestern Front near Kiev, and even more so in October after the destruction of a huge number of Soviet troops near Vyazma, all German generals were confident that the war had actually been won! So such a scenario could be purely fantastic if Hitler received information from the future! :)

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 3
RE: Ideas For winning German Army Composition/Format - 9/4/2021 7:13:10 PM   
guctony

quote:

ORIGINAL: malyhin1517

In September 1941, after the destruction of the Southwestern Front near Kiev, and even more so in October after the destruction of a huge number of Soviet troops near Vyazma, all German generals were confident that the war had actually been won! So such a scenario could be purely fantastic if Hitler received information from the future! :)

I totally agree to that but lets assume in august they keep pushing towards Moscow and realized that things not going to be so easy. Its purely a fictional what if. And whatever the change of mind the effects would not be visible before spring/summer 1942. Do you think a defensive counter attack (sword and shield Tactic)based posture in 1942 could achieve same amount of manpower cost to soviets.

Assuming as historically Soviets keeps attacking regardless of the cost. Or if Germans keep a steady line would it force Soviets to be cautions and keep a stalemate in summer 1942.

< Message edited by guctony -- 9/4/2021 7:15:32 PM >

Mustafa Kemal

(in reply to malyhin1517)
Post #: 4
RE: Ideas For winning German Army Composition/Format - 9/5/2021 8:48:43 AM   
malyhin1517

quote:

ORIGINAL: guctony
Assuming as historically Soviets keeps attacking regardless of the cost. Or if Germans keep a steady line would it force Soviets to be cautions and keep a stalemate in summer 1942.

I think that if hypothetically such a situation arose, then the Russians would still try to attack in 1942, but it depends on how the winter campaign goes for them. If, as in real history, the Russians can stage a winter offensive, then in 1942 they will try to continue it. If in winter the Germans can stop the Russians, then most likely the Russians will go over to strategic defense.

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Ideas For winning German Army Composition/Format Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI