Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best Way To Deploy/attach German Construction SU

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Best Way To Deploy/attach German Construction SU Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best Way To Deploy/attach German Construction SU - 9/3/2021 12:44:25 AM   
PeteJC

I am looking for thoughts on the most efficient way to deploy/attach German construction support units. For example, attaching all the railroad repair units to a Corps HQ that is in a particularly important area for rail road repair. For the early stages of the attack (turns 1-14) where/what level should all those various construction units go?
Post #: 1
RE: Best Way To Deploy/attach German Construction SU - 9/4/2021 12:55:26 PM   
malyhin1517

quote:

ORIGINAL: PeteJC

I am looking for thoughts on the most efficient way to deploy/attach German construction support units. For example, attaching all the railroad repair units to a Corps HQ that is in a particularly important area for rail road repair. For the early stages of the attack (turns 1-14) where/what level should all those various construction units go?

Recently, when playing as the Germans, I free one of the armies from the troops and give it all the railway repair units. This allows you to quickly restore the railway in the Baltics and in the Leningrad direction. In the rest of the sections, I only use FBD and Romanian railway repair units, which I also attach to one of the Romanian armies. I really like the result in 1941!

Sorry, i use an online translator :(

(in reply to PeteJC)
Post #: 2
RE: Best Way To Deploy/attach German Construction SU - 9/8/2021 12:52:45 AM   
PeteJC

Thanks. I agree and assign the FBD units to one army (Baltic). I do not think you have to "free them up" either.

I was more interested in the other general construction units. I assume they add to fortification building and generally repair cities, air bases etc BUT not rail. Was wondering if they should just stay at a higher AG or OKH level. Later when it is time to dig in for the '41 winter I get that they should all go to key corps where you are fortifying.

(in reply to malyhin1517)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Best Way To Deploy/attach German Construction SU Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI