Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Assistance on game play

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Assistance on game play Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Assistance on game play - 8/31/2021 11:06:49 PM   
EpiScope42

After numerous attempts, I can not figure the game out. By 1943, no matter which side I play, I'm not able to maintain any offensive power.

In 43, the Axis took Stalingrad, 3 Soviet Armies, level 3, 2 Soviet Tanks, Level 2, outside of Guryev (at 70% readiness and 70% morale, supply 7,8,9) had a Romania Cav (level 2) (readiness 30%, morale 1%) along the road in the marsh. The 3 Armies and 2 Tanks (each with 2 strikes), did 7 points of damage but took 10 points. This is just a typical example and one where I thought the Soviets could actually defeat a unit. Elsewhere, things are worse, even with Soviet air and arty.

I try to have HQs, have readiness around 70% or higher, air and arty. I do try to up research.

Seems that I am not understanidng something fundamental about the game.

Any specific advice?

Post #: 1
RE: Assistance on game play - 9/1/2021 1:06:18 PM   
Sugar

Yeah, you might have missed the importance of readiness for the combat results. Readiness is depending on XP, supply, technology (like infantry- or armored warfare for your ground combat troops), the linking to an HQ, its rating and xp. HQ-Rating is also influenced by the "Command and Control" tech; for every lvl the rating increases by 1, and 1 lvl of xp equals 2 rating points.

For the Axis player it`s most important to keep the supply lvls reasonably high (deep in foreign territory, i.e 5 or higher); keep your HQs in towns and cities, use 2 HQs for HQ-Linking to improve supply at the front line. I highly recommend to attach the most valuable units you want to attack with to your best HQs at the start of the turn.

For the Sovyets it`s best to keep your HQs in the back to avoid being destroyed by air attacks and keep your units close to towns and cities/ports for reasonable supply.

Use the terrain to your advantage, many tiels provide boni to your defense value, like swamps do against tank attacks (but decreasing values against air- or artillery attacks).

(in reply to EpiScope42)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Assistance on game play Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI