Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.09 steam]Questions about energy storage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09 steam]Questions about energy storage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.09 steam]Questions about energy storage - 8/30/2021 1:53:40 AM   
shavius

I have spotted this problem while one of my friends complaining about why is his energy needs never fulfilled.

According to this screenshot, currently the calculation of stockpile every turn is:
1. Send energy in the stockpile to places that need it.
2. Collect energy from places that produce it.
3. Discard energy that exceeds the storage capacity.

And here is the problem, the maximum energy I can provide to my facilities and unit every turn is restricted by my storage last turn. Even if my energy production is sufficient to supply all the needs, I am still forced to expand my storage in order to make my energy circulation fully functional.
I think this is a bit unrealistic, I thought it was obvious that when my energy production is higher than the consumption, all the demands would be fully met, and now it seems that I need to keep my storage capacity higher than my production in order to keep my energy supplied, even if I never wanted to stockpile anything.
The problem could be solved if we simply flip the order of steps 1 and 2. Collect, send, and then discard the rest. I assume this is how most turn-based strategy game does.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.09 steam]Questions about energy storage - 8/30/2021 1:02:00 PM   
zgrssd

This is a known issue. It has been this way for ages. You figured out the current solution.

Vic was on Holliday right now. Until the 2nd September, if my memory is not failing me right now.

As for changing the order of the Economic calculation:
Heck no!
This is not some trivial thing to change. It would break to many things to change it in general.
And making a exception for energy is just going to cause even more issues down the line. It is all changes or nothing.

My best interrim solution would be to make sure that all consuming assets also provide storage equal to one turn consumption.
Plus maybe the SHQ storage equal to one turn of delivery to units.

(in reply to shavius)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.09 steam]Questions about energy storage - 8/31/2021 12:12:14 AM   
shavius

I don't know much about the hard-coded algorithm, so thank you for correcting me. I hope Vic will get down to this problem soon.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.09 steam]Questions about energy storage - 8/31/2021 12:10:52 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: shavius

I don't know much about the hard-coded algorithm, so thank you for correcting me. I hope Vic will get down to this problem soon.

I said nothing about hard-coding.

Vic has made a decision about the order in which Delivery, consumption, production and retreival happen. Changing that ordere would not be a trivial change.

(in reply to shavius)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.09 steam]Questions about energy storage - 9/16/2021 4:11:50 PM   
Vic

quote:

My best interim solution would be to make sure that all consuming assets also provide storage equal to one turn consumption.
Plus maybe the SHQ storage equal to one turn of delivery to units.

I think this might be interesting. Added researching this on the to-do list.

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09 steam]Questions about energy storage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI