Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor Updates Even OTW???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Editor Updates Even OTW??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor Updates Even OTW??? - 8/27/2021 12:23:26 PM   
Zemke

I was working on a Scenario and even spent a fair amount of money ordering some reference material, but have put the project on hold due to the Editor limitations. Are there plans to revamp / make the Editor "better"?

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"
Post #: 1
RE: Editor Updates Even OTW??? - 8/27/2021 9:57:13 PM   
Joel Billings

Yes, there are some improvements planned. Pavel would very much like to have time to work on the editor. However, it's been decided that he has to complete the top bar scaling (the last of the in-game scaling effort) before being able to work on non-critical items. Just this week he fixed a few non-editor bugs that had been getting put off, and he began work on the top menu. It's unclear how long it will take to redo the top menu bar as there are parts of it that are hard coded and will require changes. We'll know more after he puts 1-2 weeks into it. He says it might go in fairly easily, but require a lot of testing time to make sure there aren't hidden bugs caused by required changes, or it could turn into something more difficult. At the moment, the next items on our list after scaling are editor items. Let's all hope scaling turns out to be reasonably easy, and other hot issues don't come up that require his time.

All that said, I don't know if the editor changes you are looking for match up with what he's planning to do. There will be a time where Pavel is working on the editor, and at that point it will be good to hear what the editor users are looking for. My guess is he'll be reading the forum at that point. No promises, but we are interested in making the editor usable by those that want to use it (which includes our internal team, including me, that has it's own wish list).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Zemke)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor Updates Even OTW??? - 8/29/2021 3:14:07 PM   
Zemke

I would say in general, a "cleaner" easier way to manage the data and manipulate the data.

And specifically, what I have been working on, a way to allow the Western Allies to fight the Soviets.

I have been working on a hypothetical accidental war starting at the end of German surrender between the West and East. I have the allied lay down done, working on the Soviet lay down, then realized I could not set the Western Allies as "German" to allow them to fight the Russians. It would switch them, but would not "stick" if that makes sense.

< Message edited by Zemke -- 8/30/2021 4:04:03 PM >

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Editor Updates Even OTW??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI