Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Interception and Naval Air Support

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Naval Interception and Naval Air Support Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Interception and Naval Air Support - 8/23/2021 6:54:45 AM   
Angeldust2

I have a remark to the sequencing of Naval Interception. If an Interception is successful, the moving ship is stopped and asked to either fight through or to stay in sea area for another potential search roll during Naval Combat. Even if phasing player decides to fight through, he is offered Naval Air Support, if available. Unfortunately the scrambled NAV is then NOT included in the ensuing Interception Combat, despite being in the same /0 box as the intercepted ship.

Can others confirm, the program behaves always like this regarding Naval Air Support during Naval Interception?
Is this intended as in RAW or RAC?
From a beginner's perspective, the option of NavAirSup should only be given, if the NAV can be potentially included, like if when the intercepted ship stays in sea area and another search is rolled for later in Naval Combat phase.

So the sequencing of the NavAirSup is slightly out of order?

Of course, if you know about it, you just don't send any NavAirSup during Interception Combat ...
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Interception and Naval Air Support - 8/23/2021 8:04:16 AM   
Orm

This works as intended.

However. The reinforcing air can in some circumstances be included.

Interception combat:
The 'defending' ships included are the moving ships regardless of box they are in. And the 'defending side' ships, and aircraft, that are located in boxes that found the enemy by their surprise roll.

Example:
Enemy rolls a 1 for interception, you try to pass through and place your ship in the 0-box. Then react out with a naval bomber to the 0-box, and a tactical bomber to the 2-box. The weather is fine so you get +1 to the search roll for the naval bomber in the 0-box. You now need to roll 2 or less for the tactical bomber to be included. And thanks to the naval bomber bonus the 0-box naval bomber will be included if you roll a 1. The intercepted ship(s) are automatically included.

< Message edited by Orm -- 8/23/2021 8:05:13 AM >

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Angeldust2)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Interception and Naval Air Support - 8/23/2021 8:43:30 AM   
Angeldust2

This makes sense and explains it just nicely. Thanks.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Interception and Naval Air Support - 8/24/2021 5:25:10 AM   
Courtenay

Note that it is almost always wrong to try and fight through. The other side has already rolled a good surprise roll, and you have yet to roll. Unless your forces greatly outnumber your opponent's, the results are likely to be bad. And if you do greatly outnumber your opponent, he probably should not have tried to intercept in the first place.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to Angeldust2)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> Naval Interception and Naval Air Support Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI